Scarborough Town Centre Security Freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocscan

Premium Subscriber
Multiple Gunshot victims at the mall does anyone have mall security frequencies???

pathalogical

It may be too late to listen in. Unless you happen to be listening to the mall security when and incident happens, comms may be very limited after the fact. I also heard it as Breaking News on CFTO, but since I wasn't listening to the scanner, I didn't bother running to it to turn it on. Precious listening minutes are lost from the time it happens to the time it made it on the news. If they are setting up a perimeter to catch suspect(s) or traffic points for an emergency run by ambulance, over the air comms are probably reduced to verbal communications by officers at the scene.

What should I program into my scanner in case something happens ?

I'm always trying to answer that question. We all have police/fire/amb in our radios, but there are a lot of other stuff that still use conventional freqs and a lot of other stuff that is moving onto trunked systems. That's what make our hobby frustrating (because we can't figure out a certain user) and fun (cuz we just figured out who that company is).

This is what came up http://sd.ic.gc.ca/pls/eng_alpha/we... TOWN CENTRE &admin_do=42&company_cd=80051175 If these freqs are in use, it is not known by who: management, janitor, groundskeepers or security, which may even be an outside company.

mciupa

Canadian DB Admin
Ownership of STC is by Oxford Properties and they are licensed on 454.2250 and 462.5625 , these also may be worth checking out as well.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
I have it on good authority (as in, it's what's programmed in the radio) as being exactly what the above poster said - 452.5375 PL186.2.

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
Stc

exkalibur said:
I have it on good authority (as in, it's what's programmed in the radio) as being exactly what the above poster said - 452.5375 PL186.2.

I confirmed it last weekend as that is the frequency for security at STC.

Matt

mciupa

Canadian DB Admin
Too bad we didn't have confirmed frequencies two days ago. :(

Last edited:

polkaroo

I just put in a suggestion in the feedback forum about posting unverified frequencies and flag it as such so that people who have narrowed down a frequency can have others listen too.

Even something like
413.4500 183.2 ABC Security (?)
in an "unverified" section or with a red bounding box... so that for something like in this thread, multiple sets of ears can listen and verify or challenge?

Heck, even a syntax for this forum might be good.. instead of the subject being "hey I found a new freq" it can be "Toronto Zoo?" I'll start it off with a couple places that I'm trying to figure out since I suggested it.

Last edited:

jellotor

Why not just start a thread with a title like UNVERIFIED: Scarberia Town Centre or the like? I mean, essentially, that's already what you and ocscan have been doing in these forums anyway...throwing out a bunch of old info and seeing if anyone remembers them or has any new info to add...seems to be working.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Graeme: You might want to bring your 246 to the big smoke and close call these malls
:)

jellotor

Grrr...no thanks. You just suggested that I go to my least favourite city in the world and spend time at a mall...

No, I think I'll go up north and watch a hockey game or two instead...

Status
Not open for further replies.