Bearcat 396t - scanner programming/cloning

Status
Not open for further replies.

dchurch

Hi all, happy to report that I've purchased a 396t scanner off ebay.... just waiting for it to arrive!

Does anyone have a simular scanner in my area, that is willing to send me thier programming?

I'd love to be able to turn this unit on, upload programming, and listen right away. rather than spending hours upon hours of reading and programming.

I'm in Kincardine, and want to listen to OPP, from likely the glammis tower, as well as ambulance, fire, ect...

Anyone?

dchurch

HELP - with bc 396t in kincardine ONT

Ok guys, need some help, Im sorry for being so stupid... but I've recieved, my scanner, download the arc software, beccame a donating member of rr, downloaded some freqs? and programmed the scanner (I think)...

I'm interested in scanning OPP, MOH, and I guess fire.... the scanner says it's scanning bell fleetnet.. id search... but I've yet to hear anything... I must be doing something wrong here... I tested the scanner when I got it, with the built ins... and it's working... but since I re-porogrammed it with ARC396 connecting to RR... nothing...

anyone?

It'd be real nice, if someone from my area had thier scanner all setup, that I can clone??

help!

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
You wont need to clone it dchurch.
You can buy a download of the Arc software mentioned at make your own files or even use some of the files in scanont for from people on here.
As long as you can cut and paste and use excel on a P/C you will be fine.

dchurch

help

I have download and installed arc 396 pro, just the demo version... I think I've programmed some freqs in scanner, I donted to rr to get access to freqs.... don't really know what Im doing with it.... do I select more than 1 location? I know I want the glassis tower, does that mean I select glassis only? not goderich, etc???? I selected all the talk groups, and programmed the scanner??
the scanner is now reading BELL FLEETNET, and ID SCAN is scrolling across the bottom.. NFM is on the screen, and SO:----------------------, and grp:----------------------...... can anyone give me some help?

dchurch

thanks

Thanks mciupa, a scanner of this magnitude is intimidating to say the least, with it being new I'm sure I'm not alone, wanting to listen right away. After some time I'm sure that I'll be getting into tweaking the unit to my preference, but it the intirm... I'd like to be able to turn it on and listen to a bunch of "stuff" in my area.

There must be someone here that can "slip" me a file, to satisfy my listening needs for a while.

I'm not trying to "cheap out" it was suggested that I donate to this site to get access to the freqs, and I did.. actually even before I recieved the scanner.

Thanks everyone for thier help. If any kind heart would be interested in slipping me a file, I'd be very appreciative... who knows maybe I could return the favor.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
There were files on a Yahoo 396 scanner group.
There are all kinds of files on the ScanOnt group.
Take a look there.
With as much memory as you have you can program each and every fleet net tower.

slicerwizard

dchurch said:
the scanner is now reading BELL FLEETNET, and ID SCAN is scrolling across the bottom..
NFM is on the screen, and SO:----------------------, and grp:----------------------
The control channel frequency should be showing on the display. You should be using a VHF antenna.

I've put a couple of older generic Zone 1 ARC396 files here:

http://home.ica.net/~phoenix/wap/Fleetnet/

With a decent antenna, they'll latch on to a site.

Status
Not open for further replies.