Armed Forces Scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Might be already answered someplace but I can't find it. I'm a stones throw from CFB Petawawa and I have a whole bank full of freqs for the base BUT this week there are CF-18's flying around. What should I be scanning to hear them?

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
yeah Unicom has been quiet, you get the odd chat about the jets.

I'm just looking for a from what freq to what freq I could plug in as a search. the 796d has everything but mil pre-programmed.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
If you don't hear anything in the list of military frequencies you already have, then 108-136 mhz is where you should look. But you knew that already.

I've heard CANFORCE jets on 135.150 before contacting Ottawa Arrivals.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Speaking of armed forces monitoring, anyone know what range the MP's use in their cruisers in the London area? I was in the area of Wosley Barracks not too long ago and thought I may be able to grab something using Close Call... but nada. And I don't exactly want to be nosing around looking in car windows to see what they have for radios in there :)

DaveH

Forts said:
Speaking of armed forces monitoring, anyone know what range the MP's use in their cruisers in the London area?

If it's VHF high-band, you could try searching 148-151 and 173-174MHz.

Dave

jimlawrence

I know this is late... but....

Last time I heard fighters from Bagotville, they were working UHF tacticals, 225-400 MHz. Also, in 1998, a fighter from Cold Lake stopped at CYGK and I asked the pilot what frequency range they worked for air-to-air and he confirmed UHF.

Hope that's some help....

EDIT: After posting, it occurred to me that I also heard activity in this freq. range from Trenton. I seem to remember comms involving "jumpers away" on 226.8.

Last edited:

mciupa

Canadian DB Admin
jimlawrence said:
I know this is late... but....I also heard activity in this freq. range from Trenton. I seem to remember comms involving "jumpers away" on 226.8.

It's never too late to post confirmed info , Thanks Jim :)

Status
Not open for further replies.