T.P.S - V.S.U question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyr8

This is a little off topic, but im wondering if anyone knows what kind of cameras are deployed on the V.S.U truck for TPS?...IE CCTV or IP cams as well as any brand of camera that is known IE "Axis IP".

Thanks in advance and feel free to P.M. me if you dont want to share with the rest of the class! ;)

jellotor

Is VSU short for Video Services Unit? Depending on the situation they may have a number of different formats or types of cameras used. Shooting a crime scene, for example, may be done with a higher-end consumer MiniDV camera. Interviews may be recorded via an IP or CCTV camera.

The other end of the spectrum is the NRPS video unit, which is an award-winning organization who shoot training videos and all sorts of police related work all over the province. These guys use top of the line (BetacamSX or DVCPRO50 IIRC) shooting gear with all the requisite toys (Steadicams, HMI lights, jimmy jibs). Talented bunch there.

Hmmm...I guess that doesn't answer your question.

Pyr8

Nope! ;)

jellotor said:
Is VSU short for Video Services Unit? Depending on the situation they may have a number of different formats or types of cameras used. Shooting a crime scene, for example, may be done with a higher-end consumer MiniDV camera. Interviews may be recorded via an IP or CCTV camera.

The other end of the spectrum is the NRPS video unit, which is an award-winning organization who shoot training videos and all sorts of police related work all over the province. These guys use top of the line (BetacamSX or DVCPRO50 IIRC) shooting gear with all the requisite toys (Steadicams, HMI lights, jimmy jibs). Talented bunch there.

Hmmm...I guess that doesn't answer your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.