MTO Enforcement Talkgroups

DEC HEX Mode Description
3776 0ec D Enforcement (North Bay)
3840 0f0 D Enforcement (Mindemoya)

MTO Maintenance Talkgroups

DEC HEX Mode Description
38176 952 A Sault Region
38192 953 A Maintenance
38208 954 A Maintenance (North Bay Comm Centre)
38320 95b A Maintenance
38784 978 A Sault Region

williams63 said:
Latest MTO TG is Digital as seen by my BC296D ( P25 )

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
So you're saying all of it is Digital. MTO Enforcement & Road Operations? And the EMS testing is all Digital? Wow. That doesn't sound good.

williams63 said:
All ZONE 3 Sudbury TG's are Digital....at first it was "A" Mode...however mnr-mto and some testing with MOH is all Digital.

williams63

Yes, its now all P25....everything !

MOH is testing ..Plows are P25..heard em today...mnr all p25...no Analog here in zone 3.

They *use* to use alot of Analog , but even the techs are P25

jellotor

...well, if it's true it's a first for Fleetnet. Are you 100% sure that it wasn't, say, BMR techs operating in a digital mode on what would normally be an analog talkgroup?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
What's even stranger is that people are still submitting MTO Maintenance tg's to the database as analog.

williams63

BELL TECHS were never heard up here ( SUDBURY ) , Spectrum Communications did / does all the work.

Once the above Radio Techs were heard in Analog.

jellotor said:
...well, if it's true it's a first for Fleetnet. Are you 100% sure that it wasn't, say, BMR techs operating in a digital mode on what would normally be an analog talkgroup?

jellotor

Well, ok...I'm not in Sudbury and I'm in no position to dispute your claims but it seems strange that either Zone 3 in its entirety or just the Sudbury site is carrying P25 traffic for what would be analog users elsewhere. And again, you're 100% sure that it's not MNR, MTO enforcement or OPP or Spectrum?

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Interesting that MTO AMC is Digital.

Then again. The MCS2000 is no longer available in the Model 1 VHF option which is what is used in Zone 1 and Zone 2. The only other radio in the Model 1 styling (built in speaker and all) is the XTL1500, but I don't know if that model supports SmartZone (the spec sheet doesn't make mention of it). So, if the only current radio is already a digital radio, why not just go P25 and be done with it. From what I recall, the only reason the MTO and MOH are analog around here is because the MCS2000 is a much more inexpensive radio than the Astro Spectra was at the time.

williams63

While in Elliot Lake , I heard MTO - MNR in Analog mode...

However , when fleetnet came to Sudbury ( Site 11 ) opp were the only ones using P25.

Now all traffic is P25....I live within an eye view of Spectrum Communications , I see MOH Units in the bays daily.

Testing so far , is a Prov Common...in P25 mode...soon they will change , JAN 2006 is what my source at Spectrum can tell me.

What other sites are doing in Zone 3 , I have no way to know...I only know Site 11.

jellotor said:
Well, ok...I'm not in Sudbury and I'm in no position to dispute your claims but it seems strange that either Zone 3 in its entirety or just the Sudbury site is carrying P25 traffic for what would be analog users elsewhere. And again, you're 100% sure that it's not MNR, MTO enforcement or OPP or Spectrum?

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
williams63 said:
Testing so far , is a Prov Common...in P25 mode...soon they will change , JAN 2006 is what my source at Spectrum can tell me.

It's a little late for that changeover, don'tcha think?

Prov Common (150.1000) will never go digital. There are too many non-MOH users that have access to that frequency for emergencies that aren't going to invest in digital.

yuy

Mto

MTO maintenance is Analog in the Temiscaming and Kirkland Lake area, never heard them in P25, MOH is still on 150,755 They are active right now in Analog.

I entered the groups when they came online about a month ago. Of course if P25 is use I will let you know.

I don't plan to use a trunker program, I have just one good scanner...

Good day

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
williams63 said:
BELL TECHS were never heard up here ( SUDBURY ) , Spectrum Communications did / does all the work.

Once the above Radio Techs were heard in Analog.

No, Spectrum Communications is a contractor for Bell Mobility. They will be heard on the regular channels testing the radios they have installed.

Bell Mobility Radio owns, maintains and commissions the system. I heard them talking on Digital 1 (16) when I was up there this summer.

williams63

My ears LIED!

exkalibur said:
It's a little late for that changeover, don'tcha think?

Prov Common (150.1000) will never go digital. There are too many non-MOH users that have access to that frequency for emergencies that aren't going to invest in digital.

williams63

Yep...and BMR was not heard by this user...nor a few hams.

My radio works fine...I guess Ill keep my loggings to myself , and let the ' PROS' log this area.

Have a nice day

Mike_Oxlong said:
No, Spectrum Communications is a contractor for Bell Mobility. They will be heard on the regular channels testing the radios they have installed.

Bell Mobility Radio owns, maintains and commissions the system. I heard them talking on Digital 1 (16) when I was up there this summer.

DaveH

Mr. W.,

As one of the few people in your area that can supply info for
Fleetnet, I would not say "good day to you" as well. In past,
some of your information reports have come off as a bit flakey,
but in all fairness, alot of this has been cleared up. You have to
expect people to be a bit skeptical of this latest development,
that it has just appeared without warning. If it pans out, you will
be able to claim to be the first to report it. All I can think of is a
pilot project for an all-digital Fleetnet. What puzzles me is why
up north, where frequency congestion is not so much a problem.
All-digital channels can be spaced closer, as long as there are
no analog users, which forces wider channel separation.

One possibility I thought of, is that your scanner is showing P25
all the time when some is actually analog (a malfunction)?. Does
the "digital" MTO and MOH have the characteristic digital sound?
And if you get the chance, perhaps look in a ambulance to catch
a look at the type of radio in use.

Dave

williams63

If any of my information is ' Flakey ' well , I am older and suffer health problems , and cannot sit in forums or lists all day much less listem to a scanner all day...I am retired , however I due have other intrests other than scanners...they are fun , and I used em , back in my TV ENG Days...later I used em as a Police Services Board Member to monitor our PD for various reasons.

None the less , all P25 I hear has that semi robtic sound...rather easy to tell , and not look at the display.

I for one can tell A mode from D mode just by the sound...a simple glance , shows LNK P25 , or just P25
( unit is a BC296D ) which works well...my other scanner pro 97 I tapped and used Mtrunker32 , I did post just what Mtrunker saw , I never said Take this grp file as GOLD...

However, stick a fork in me ....Im done...again , Ill log the TG and keep fer myself , and a few hams up here..who do not post on here nor any Yahoo lists but read this board.

There is certainly a wealth of info here , and some great minds to help others , sadly some think they are above the crowd , or think perhaps because of an error in a TG , they are a newbie...Ive had a scanner since early 1970...doesnt make me a know it all..but Ive been a round a bit , and many on the YAHOO list went out of there way to help me and others...while we also saw other members simply be rude to a new guy...Like I said you can Log Sudbury...Ill keep my TG and new Voice Channels to myself.

Like you said I would not say "good day to you" , which I find a pompus remark.

have a nice day and a happy holidays!

DaveH said:
Mr. W.,

As one of the few people in your area that can supply info for
Fleetnet, I would not say "good day to you" as well. In past,
some of your information reports have come off as a bit flakey,
but in all fairness, alot of this has been cleared up. You have to
expect people to be a bit skeptical of this latest development,
that it has just appeared without warning. If it pans out, you will
be able to claim to be the first to report it. All I can think of is a
pilot project for an all-digital Fleetnet. What puzzles me is why
up north, where frequency congestion is not so much a problem.
All-digital channels can be spaced closer, as long as there are
no analog users, which forces wider channel separation.

One possibility I thought of, is that your scanner is showing P25
all the time when some is actually analog (a malfunction)?. Does
the "digital" MTO and MOH have the characteristic digital sound?
And if you get the chance, perhaps look in a ambulance to catch
a look at the type of radio in use.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.