NOR OPP - One Sided Convo's

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalCarnage

Hey, wondering if anyone could help me out on this one, for some reason in the last couple months i have only been receiving the dispatch side of comms on NOR OPP freqs in Thunder Bay. Never had this problem before just the past two-three months it has been doing it and i havent gotten around to fixing/troubleshoooting. Was wondering if anyone could help me out on this one

als_medic

Same

I recently moved to Thunder Bay and have been having the same problem. I thought maybe I was listening to the repeater input instead of output, but don't know if that's the problem. I'm an avid listener, but not great at frequency searches or problem solving. Any thoughts?????

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Do you have the input frequencies programmed? http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&aid=577

MetalCarnage said:
Hey, wondering if anyone could help me out on this one, for some reason in the last couple months i have only been receiving the dispatch side of comms on NOR OPP freqs in Thunder Bay. Never had this problem before just the past two-three months it has been doing it and i havent gotten around to fixing/troubleshoooting. Was wondering if anyone could help me out on this one

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
When the old NOR system was active down in the Windsor/Essex County area, hearing only one side of the conversation was very common. Apparently, the patrol car has the ability to select the ability to repeat itself or stay private. Likewise, the dispatcher can also place the conversation into "repeat" mode automatically. That being said, in order to hear the patrol car(s), you would need to monitor the input frequencies, and have a good outdoor antenna, so you can hear signals in the distance.

73's

Ron

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
As Thunderbolt said, one sided conversations was the norm.

The only time you would hear the car was during a tower call or when the dispatcher kept the mic open while the car talked.

Cars did not have this option.

Status
Not open for further replies.