Peel MOH on fleetnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

polo_762

Hey all,
I checked around to see if this could be found on any other thread, but does anyone know what the channel protocol is for the ambulances in Peel Region?

To clarify what I mean, I'll use an example of Mississauga Fire:
Everyone monitors Channel 1, and only switch to other channels if they have been dispatched to a call.

Do peel ambulances use the same type of protocol? I ask because I never seem to hear original calls on the Fleetnet MOH channels, mostly just chatter between units.
I currently have Peel North, Peel South, and Tac 1 through Tac 6 programmed in as found in the Database....
HELP!

Cheers

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
For Ambulance, you'll want North and South. That's where all the call dispatching takes place. The TAC channels are primarily used for hospital patches, but I have heard a few major calls such as MVC's run on the Tactical channels as well. If you program in all the regular channels (CACC, North, South, Halton) as well as the Tactical channels, you won't be missing anything.

hypersight

Also keep in mind that calls are sometimes dispatched from neighbouring districts. I have heard ambulance calls in Bolton dispatched from the Georgian Amb. York North channel when there are no units available in Peel North.

smnjhull

Dispatch

Additionally, depending on the service, ambulance's that are in base are sometimes dispatched by base page - probably on 149.440 (provincial paging channel) or by phone, so you may only here dispatch of units to a call IF the unit is 'on the air'.

Mike

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Pages go thru on 149.440 as mentioned. Perhaps cell phones are used as well to page out info, I am not sure
Mississauga CACC handles all of Peel, save some stuff around Bolton where Georgian takes it, & all of Halton.
To get the ebb and flow of this I suggest you monitor a specific talkgroup.
I can say that as long as you have the right t/g's and have set up your scanner properly to trunk you will not miss anything.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
149.44000 F Provincial Paging FM whats the "F" is that flex? all i hear on that tonight is a bit of voice?

Status
Not open for further replies.