CBC Television Audio on 81.75?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slipslope

I can't seem to get the audio for CBC TV Toronto where it should be on 81.75 MHz. I can get CFTO Toronto on 191.750 MHz, PBS on 493.750 MHz and CFMT/OMNI on 805.750MHz. I wish I could get CITY TV on 733.750MHz, but that freq range is blocked on my BCD996T.

Anyone know where I can find CBC TV Toronto?

Also, anyone know why Classical 96.3 is being rebroadcast on 192.6 MHz ? I thought this would be part of the "channel 10" freq allocation?

TV Audio Frequency Reference:
http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9318

Last edited:

mciupa

Canadian DB Admin
96.3 x 2 = 192.6 , you've discovered an image that is precisely double.:cool:

I wish I had my Pro -2004 , I'd check CBLT for you . My current scanners jump from 54 megs up to 108. :(

slipslope

It turns out that with a "lesser" antenna, actually the tiny mag-mount that I normally use for my car... I get CBC loud and clear. It sounds like with my discone I am hearing both CBC and Q107 at the same time. Another "image" ? I don't see how the math adds up !!

Sounds like I should dump this big old discone and buy another $29 mag mount !

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
slipslope said:
It turns out that with a "lesser" antenna, actually the tiny mag-mount that I normally use for my car... I get CBC loud and clear. It sounds like with my discone I am hearing both CBC and Q107 at the same time. Another "image" ? I don't see how the math adds up !!

Sounds like I should dump this big old discone and buy another $29 mag mount !

Sounds like your scanners receiver was being over loaded by those strong broadcast transmitters. I have the same problem when trying to listen to FM broadcast stations on my BC796D on my external antenna. That is the price you pay to have such a sensitive wide band receiver, no selectivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.