Bogus talkgroup ID's on Fleetnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

friedthat

using the BCD396T_UASD software and in the loggers for TGID i found 762209 ,yes (6 digits), on the main tower. and having the logger running for 20 mins it has 16 counts but the scanner doesnt seem to stay on it.

Last edited:

slicerwizard

It was probably just bad decoding. My 396 will show bogus private ID's from time to time, and a check of the raw control channel data during the same time period will show no private calls.

friedthat

hmm okay, so what software do you guys find is the best and most comprehensive for the 396T?
also one of you say it is a private i-call does that mean it is encrypted? and also according to mike (I-call are rare in the fleetnet zone) soo then i go to the other guys response saying it is bogus. but both 396 and my 296 (when checked active talk groups) also that TGID shows up every 2 minutes .. soo it is just wierd. maybe it is the data TGID for the communication from computer to computer in car?
thanks

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
No, the computers in the cars operate on a totally different network.

Have you enabled I-Calls on your scanner to hear if it's real?

friedthat

yea, my I-call is enabled on both 396 and 296. and i hear nothing , let alone it even stops on it when i program it in on the 296.. as for the 396. when hooked up to the software and logging it logs the TGID as MVT, the same as the other common TGID that are known on this tower. and the count as to many times it is active, literally happens every 2-3 minutes, like a pattern or something

p.s. what software do you guys use ? thanks

jellotor

The best software for what purpose? For programming your Uniden scanner Butel's ARC series is highly thought of. For identifying talkgroups and radios and so forth most of us use some sort of trunker/unitrunker/trunk88 software.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Hands down, the Butel software is the best. I've used every one of the various trunking programs out there (Trunker, TREport, Unitrunker, Trunk88, etc...) and the best hands down is Trunk88. Unitrunker is too "boxy"...it's interface SUCKS (in my opinion). Trunker is a great program, but I've had too many problems with it, and the interface is just plain ugly.

friedthat

exkalibur said:
Hands down, the Butel software is the best. I've used every one of the various trunking programs out there (Trunker, TREport, Unitrunker, Trunk88, etc...) and the best hands down is Trunk88. Unitrunker is too "boxy"...it's interface SUCKS (in my opinion). Trunker is a great program, but I've had too many problems with it, and the interface is just plain ugly.

hmm wel i got Trunk88 but i have nooo sweet clue how to configure it... like do i just plug in my serial cable to it or do i plug the audio from the head phone jack into the soundcard?? or do i need to make some modification with hardware for it to work.
any help would be great for this newbie

friedthat

okay FOR Trunk88 all i need is TAP not a slicer?? that is my understanding after searching around these forums??? i know alot of ppl still like to make slicers but they are not needed with the newer modern softer ware.. is that correct??? and i would be making the tap on my old 296 anyways..
thanks

and once i get the tap done, do i jsut plug in to the line in and open the trunk88 and let it auto detect or do i have to type in settings? there is no "user" guide for it lol

slicerwizard

If your PC sound hardware is SoundBlaster Pro or SB16 compatible, you should be able to skip the data slicer.

Information regarding setup and troubleshooting is available in the TRUNK88 Yahoo group.

friedthat

Okay so when i use , lets say, trunk88, i have the 296 tapped. Now doi jsut plug into sound card. or do i also need to plug in the data cable?? can anyone give me an informative answer on this. i am a TOTAL newb. with this and i have READ carefully the yahoo trunk88 forum but there is not alot for real newb questions.. i am jsut trying to understand how this whole thing works. in terms of how the data is getting from the scanner to the computer and how it is interpreting the data?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.