seeing far pager info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

friedthat

Hey i jsut got the hang of this PDW v2.14 and i got a frequency 931.6850, now i am in kitchener area and i am getting pages from Toronto Ems?? and other stuff like that.. how is this possible? kitchener to toronto = ~91km and i get FULL FM signal on that conventional channel... lol any one know ems or fire pager frequencies for K-W cambridge area? i looke in the data base but nothing.. and even this frequency doesnt show up any where.. jsut really wondering how i am able to get this being soo far away.
cheers

RBMTS

You are monitoring a commercial paging frequency. Most commercial paging companies allow for their service to be extended beyond the normal local receiving area and even country wide (where ever that company offers service). I'm not sure if Toronto uses a commercial paging company to alert their staff (maybe officers). The other idea is that you are catching a page from one of the incident paging companies like IPN or 1RWN (First Responder Network). These pages come from scanning volunteers or buffs that monitor a call and repage the incident to the other subscribers if it meets certain criteria.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
It's Rogers Wireless that you are watching. They provide paging for Toronto EMS.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Re-Pocsag

friedthat said:
Hey i jsut got the hang of this PDW v2.14 and i got a frequency 931.6850, now i am in kitchener area and i am getting pages from Toronto Ems?? and other stuff like that.. how is this possible? kitchener to toronto = ~91km and i get FULL FM signal on that conventional channel... lol any one know ems or fire pager frequencies for K-W cambridge area? i looke in the data base but nothing.. and even this frequency doesnt show up any where.. jsut really wondering how i am able to get this being soo far away.
cheers
:cool:
I use the same software to decode 931.685 and decode the Toronto Ems from Fort Erie Ont. , nice strong signal and I have no Discriminator Tap, just my sound card.
Steve

69stiles

As for the fire pagers in your area, 154.0100 allows you to hear the tones & township dispatch for all of waterloo region. Is that what you were looking for? Or do you have fire tone out on your radio & were after the tone codes?

Status
Not open for further replies.