Pro 97 in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMP

Hello all
Would anyone know if its possible to purchase the Pro 97 in Canada? I am not sure what would be involved in ordering it from Radio Shack U.S and with customs and duties it would be rather expensive I would think. I am curious if there are any dealers that sell this radio new north of the border...

Thanks

Greg

mciupa

Canadian DB Admin
Call one of these locations for a Canadian RS store .
http://www.radioshack.ca/en/storelocator.asp

If they can't help, then do you live within a reasonable commute from the US border ?

Most of my visits are to NY ,Penn, Ohio , Mich. and this scanner( Pro 97) is always " in store" when ever I take a look.
Digital scanners on the other hand a hardly ever in stock in the store and need to be pre-ordered in most cases, as they don't want slow-moving, high end inventory on hand.
Treat your family to a mini-vacation and pick up a 97. :)

GMP

mciupa thanks for the info.
I thought all Radio Shack stores in Canada were bought out by Circuit City. I never knew there were any outlets left. Anyways will give one of them a call and see what they have available. Other than that I guess I will have to renew the old passport and take a trip to Buffalo.

Thanks again

Greg

LordJ

GMP said:
I guess I will have to renew the old passport and take a trip to Buffalo.

Greg

You should still be able to get to the USA without a passport if you are going by car. Just a Driver's and Birth cert are suitable.

GMP

LordJ said:
You should still be able to get to the USA without a passport if you are going by car. Just a Driver's and Birth cert are suitable.

Starting in January every visitor travelling to the U.S. will need a passport..

to2way

Only when travelling to the US by AIR.
Land border crossings will not have this rule till a little later (2-3 more years)

Status
Not open for further replies.