Is it just me or is OPP Caledon & Port Credit really quiet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phyberoptics

Premium Subscriber
I've got a 996 programmed up with fleetnet, and prefer to listen to Caledon / Port credit OPP.

The TG's have been really quiet, so I'm wondering if they've changed the TG for these?

Also, on the Fleetnet system, if a user in Ottawa talks, does his convo get sent all over the province by default, or only if the dispatcher links the towers?

Any info on Fleetnet would be greatly appreicated.

Thanks,
J

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
phyberoptics said:
Also, on the Fleetnet system, if a user in Ottawa talks, does his convo get sent all over the province by default, or only if the dispatcher links the towers?

Ottawa is in Zone 2 so the farthest the conversation could go is Zone 2.

Even then, certain talkgroups are restricted to certain towers so depending on what talkgroup they are using, the conversation might not go any farther then Ottawa.

With Fleetnet, the dispatcher has no control over what is carried over what towers.

phyberoptics

Premium Subscriber
I did an ID Search as suggested, and Caledon is appearing on 2803 which is 2800 + 3 so a patched TG...

Any idea why they would be on this TG instead of their native TG??

This is upsetting some of my Tow Truck customers who think we aren't programming the scanner properly...

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
The Caledon OPP dispatcher also handles the MNR Enforcement talkgroups and usually patches them together.

If you check the database for Zone 1 under MNR, you'll see that this is 1NRO03.

Unfortunately, you'll just have to program it in for your customers if you want to make sure they hear everything.

phyberoptics

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, Mike, for this information!

Is there a specific tower that handles Caledon? I would assume due to proximity / height, it would be King City...?

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
Ballinfad and King city would be best bets and Mississauga for caledon I get alot on Ballinfad... Love that Tower! :)

phyberoptics

Premium Subscriber
Mike_Oxlong said:
Primrose is one of the best for listening to Caledon.

K, stupid question, is there a map which shows geographically the location of these towers?

Maybe I'll put a nice wall map up in the shop with LED's indicating their locations...

Status
Not open for further replies.