Radio Shack pulling out of Canada...Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

phyberoptics

Premium Subscriber
From the Radio Shack website:

Important Information about RadioShack Canada
December 2006

RadioShack Corporation will close its nine company-owned stores in Canada by the end of January 2007 as the company focuses its attention and resources on strengthening its core business in the U.S.

We appreciate the support we’ve received from our customers, employees, vendors and other partners since we launched business operations in Canada.

mciupa

Canadian DB Admin
The good/bad thing is there are other places to buy over-priced electronics in Canada.:roll: :D

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
Rat Shack

I checked the one out in the Burlington Mall shortly after it opened and well I wasn't impressed. It was mainly consumer electronics and no where near how they where in their hay days.

Matt

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
There are still RS's in Canada? Even the "independent" RS that used to exist near me turned into The Source finally about two months ago.

But hey, if you want a NexxTech digital barometer or a NexxTech robot piggy bank, you're in luck. :roll:

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
Crap Shack

Ya there is only 9 of them here.. after the whole thing with Circuit City they started opening stores.. I believe there are a couple in the Metro area.. I know there is one in Scarborough and one in Burlington but I guess they never really took off.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.