Goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
Well guys just wanted to let ya'll know as of the beginning of December I am no longer a resident of Ontario and now reside in the great state of Texas just north of Dallas. I will be checking in here on a regular basis.

There are a lot of trunks in the Dallas/Ft Worth area but only Grand Prairie and Mansfield which are two small sized cities have digital talkgroups on them. Dallas Police and Fire are still on 453/460 Mhz conventional for their operations. I noticed too that a lot of smaller cities have talkgroups on neighbouring cities trunks. For example the city of Plano Motorola trunk has around 4 neighbouring cities police/fire ops on it.

The state police are still analog conventional in this area but they are slowly migrating to digital from the other side of the state to this side. I am suprised too that there is still quite a bit of federal activity using analog and in the clear as well. Today alone I heard the DEA doing surveillance from a helicoptor in analog and in the clear. It made some really good listening but they lost them once they got onto the interstate.

Matt

Last edited:

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Well that would explain where the Hamilton feed went :( but still nice to hear from ya again.

Hope all is well in the Lonestar State. I think from the sounds of it, you're already enjoying the scanning in the area. May take some time to get used to all the great listening you'll have now compared to the Hamilton area but I'm sure it'll be much more exciting.

After you finally get all settled in will you be willing to provide us with a DFW stream? That would be sweet, I know there's already one in the area, but only has minimal stuff on it to listen to.

http://www.dallascrimewatch.org/cfm/police_frequencies_scanner.cfm

Merry Christmas (or is it Happy Holidays now...) Lonestar style.

mbstone99 said:
Well guys just wanted to let ya'll know as of the beginning of December I am no longer a resident of Ontario and now reside in the great state of Texas just north of Dallas. I will be checking in here on a regular basis.

There are a lot of trunks in the Dallas/Ft Worth area but only Grand Prairie and Mansfield which are two small sized cities have digital talkgroups on them. Dallas Police and Fire are still on 453/460 Mhz conventional for their operations. I noticed too that a lot of smaller cities have talkgroups on neighbouring cities trunks. For example the city of Plano Motorola trunk has around 4 neighbouring cities police/fire ops on it.

The state police are still analog conventional in this area but they are slowly migrating to digital from the other side of the state to this side. I am suprised too that there is still quite a bit of federal activity using analog and in the clear as well. Today alone I heard the DEA doing surveillance from a helicoptor in analog and in the clear. It made some really good listening but they lost them once they got onto the interstate.

Matt

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
Feed and all

IdleMonitor said:
Well that would explain where the Hamilton feed went :( but still nice to hear from ya again.

Hope all is well in the Lonestar State. I think from the sounds of it, you're already enjoying the scanning in the area. May take some time to get used to all the great listening you'll have now compared to the Hamilton area but I'm sure it'll be much more exciting.

After you finally get all settled in will you be willing to provide us with a DFW stream? That would be sweet, I know there's already one in the area, but only has minimal stuff on it to listen to.

http://www.dallascrimewatch.org/cfm/police_frequencies_scanner.cfm

Merry Christmas (or is it Happy Holidays now...) Lonestar style.

Ya I took it down back in late October when I moved up to Ancaster back to my parents so I could save some cash. But I will put a feed up for down here. Maybe if I ask nicely the fiancee will let me use her computer for that purpose as my system is still back up in Canada. :) *grins* But when it does go back up I will for sure let ya'll know.

Matt

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
mbstone99 said:
Ya I took it down back in late October when I moved up to Ancaster back to my parents so I could save some cash. But I will put a feed up for down here. Maybe if I ask nicely the fiancee will let me use her computer for that purpose as my system is still back up in Canada. :) *grins* But when it does go back up I will for sure let ya'll know.

Matt

Great, looking forward to it.

And sheesh, how long have you been down there, I see ya got that Texan y'all, already.

LOL

pathalogical

I thought I noticed the change in your location ! Why the big move ? Work ? Permanent or temp ? Did you say bye-bye to OHIP (lol) ? I guess there must be way more police comms there than ole Hamilton, hope ya'll got yer self some more scanners eh ! Oh well, just think of all the cool stuff you can buy at the corner store...smokes, beer, guns & ammo...now there's a new hobby !!! Good Luck to ya !!!!!!!

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
Ya'll

IdleMonitor said:
Great, looking forward to it.

And sheesh, how long have you been down there, I see ya got that Texan y'all, already.

LOL

LOL ya.. I know.. I hate to see how my accent is like after being here a couple months.. LOL.

Matt

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
The move

pathalogical said:
I thought I noticed the change in your location ! Why the big move ? Work ? Permanent or temp ? Did you say bye-bye to OHIP (lol) ? I guess there must be way more police comms there than ole Hamilton, hope ya'll got yer self some more scanners eh ! Oh well, just think of all the cool stuff you can buy at the corner store...smokes, beer, guns & ammo...now there's a new hobby !!! Good Luck to ya !!!!!!!

Thanks. Well the move was because the gf now fiancee and this upcoming weekend will be my wife is from down here.. We have been doing the LD relationship thing for almost 2 years and it was easier and cheaper for me to move down here then her moving up there. But ya I loose my OHIP after 3 months of being out of the country. Bah! LOL. But ya the police comms around here are plentiful compared to good old Hamilton. I really should check out Rat Shack around here and see what radios they sell in the stores. :)

Matt

mciupa

Canadian DB Admin
Thanks for your "freq. sniffing" work here in Ontario . Your OUFG site was one of the first ones I found on the internet way back when. :)

Life's sounding good for you , congrats on the upcoming wedding .

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Also check out Fry's (they sell Uniden). :*)

If you haven't found it already, there is an active Yahoo! Group for dfw (dfwscan). About a dozen of us met up at the Wing House near the Ballpark in Arlington a few weeks ago (where they got to sneak peek the BC-RH96 Remote Head).

pathalogical

mbstone99 said:
Thanks. Well the move was because the gf now fiancee and this upcoming weekend will be my wife is from down here.. We have been doing the LD relationship thing for almost 2 years and it was easier and cheaper for me to move down here then her moving up there. But ya I loose my OHIP after 3 months of being out of the country. Bah! LOL. But ya the police comms around here are plentiful compared to good old Hamilton. I really should check out Rat Shack around here and see what radios they sell in the stores. :)

Matt
Hmmm...girlfriend to fiancee to wife. That's triple conversion right ???

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Hey Matt: When the Yanks inevitably say something to the right of Gengus Khan are you gonna defend them or us Canucks in the tavern?

:)
P.S.
Graeme: You are the last Hamilton holdout.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
First off, if he calls any Texan a Yank, he'll be in need of defending much more important matters...his hide.

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
Wedding

mciupa said:
Thanks for your "freq. sniffing" work here in Ontario . Your OUFG site was one of the first ones I found on the internet way back when. :)

Life's sounding good for you , congrats on the upcoming wedding .

Thanks Mike :)

Matt

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
dfwscan

UPMan said:
Also check out Fry's (they sell Uniden). :*)

If you haven't found it already, there is an active Yahoo! Group for dfw (dfwscan). About a dozen of us met up at the Wing House near the Ballpark in Arlington a few weeks ago (where they got to sneak peek the BC-RH96 Remote Head).

Ahh I saw the whole meet up thread as I have been on dfwscan lurking for a while. I will have to keep an eye out for when ya'll get together again.

Matt

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
Triple Conversion

pathalogical said:
Hmmm...girlfriend to fiancee to wife. That's triple conversion right ???

LOL ya you could say that. :) I could make some type of joke about that too but hmm don't want to get myself in hot water with the ball and chain.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.