CN Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

homerjay

Hello all. CN Police have registered 161.235 as "Ch 90" in their radios. I live in the Caistorville area and was picking up some broken transmissions this evening (Fri, Dec 15) and I was just wondering if the railway police have somesort of tower in this end of Niagara. The woman I herd was saying that someone was clocked at doing 65 MPH in a 60 MPH zone. With this said I was wondering if it's skip coming up from the US somewhere or if they were using radar to look for speeding trains on the rails. Thanks

icepick

homerjay said:
Hello all. CN Police have registered 161.235 as "Ch 90" in their radios. I live in the Caistorville area and was picking up some broken transmissions this evening (Fri, Dec 15) and I was just wondering if the railway police have somesort of tower in this end of Niagara. The woman I herd was saying that someone was clocked at doing 65 MPH in a 60 MPH zone. With this said I was wondering if it's skip coming up from the US somewhere or if they were using radar to look for speeding trains on the rails. Thanks

You more than likely picked up skip. We use kph radar units and I dont know anyone who would stop someone for 5 over!

icepick

xlq771 said:
Does anyone know what frequency is being used by the new CN police constables that are now stationed in London?

Same as the rest of the country, but you wont hear us much on the radios. The odd time yes, but for the most part, we use the Mike's.......

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
I doubt a CN Police guy would be doing radar for trains.

If they were, MPH would seem right, as trains still (for the most part) use MPH for their speeds.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I wouldn't rule it out.

I saw a guy hop out of a CP pickup truck with a handheld radar unit and clock a train. A friend told me it was the Roadmaster making sure the trains obeyed a slow order through the area.

I've also seen federal government officials clocking trains as well.

Not sure if the railway police would do it though but I wouldn't rule it out.

icepick

no, out of the Sarnia Detachment, but I am down in Mac Yard every so often.

Status
Not open for further replies.