Missing data

Status
Not open for further replies.

hightower1000

Hi I have a uniden BCT15 scanner I programmed the toronto public safety system if I hold on a (trunked)Channel I pickup all the talk groups (fire- police- ems ) can someone help

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
hightower1000 said:
Hi I have a uniden BCT15 scanner I programmed the toronto public safety system if I hold on a (trunked)Channel I pickup all the talk groups (fire- police- ems ) can someone help

It's because you're "searching" talk groups, which will pick up all of them, programmed, or not. You want to put your scanner into the mode of "scanning" talk groups, to only receive the talk groups you've programmed.

Note: Scanning TG's is not the same as scanning frequencies/channels. Check your manual if you're still not clear on this.

hightower1000

I did programmed the scanner to scan and not to search i do know how to program scanners conventional works fine trunk no good thanks

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
hightower1000 said:
I did programmed the scanner to scan and not to search i do know how to program scanners conventional works fine trunk no good thanks

[hightower1000]
"I programmed the toronto public safety system if I hold on a (trunked)Channel I pickup all the talk groups (fire- police- ems )"

I guess I didn't understand your question. What exactly are you trying to do? You are only saying what it is doing, nothing about what it is not doing. If you programmed Public Safety, and it is receiving fire, police, and ems, then I'd say it is doing what it is supposed to do.

[hightower1000]
"if I hold on a (trunked)Channel"

Are you trying to hold on a particular talk group, instead of a channel (frequency)? If so, you're manual has an easy explanation on how do to that.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
Are you trying to hold on a particular talk group, instead of a channel (frequency)? If so, you're manual has an easy explanation on how do to that.
That is what I understood the question as...

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
GreatLakes said:
[[hightower1000]
"if I hold on a (trunked)Channel"

It appears to me hightower is holding on a frequency in the trunked system. This of course places the scanner in conventional mode. If so, the voice of any agency will be heard when the frequency is assigned by the CC to use that frequency for that agency. In this situation, no Talkgroup info would be displayed, only heard.

If in fact, it is on HOLD on an ID, the scanner is a bummer.

mciupa

Canadian DB Admin
hightower1000 , let's get back to basics . . .

do you have ID's programmed ?

have you inadvertantly locked the system ?

is your Quick Key enabled ?

:confused:

slicerwizard

hightower1000 said:
You have to program TPS/TFS as a Motorola 800 MHz Type II system (how ever that's done on your scanner), not as a conventional system. Have you done that?

Status
Not open for further replies.