New to the site and lots of numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHighwayman

So today while cleaning the house I came accross my grandfathers old Bearcat 210 with no antenna, I made a new antenna (temp) out of a coathanger and I grinded it down to fit into the screw in hole. Along with the bearcat 210 I found a manual for it online and printed it off, I also have old numbers with the Bearcat and programmed them in but I have had not hits at all tonight. I live in Wolfville and I have numbers in the Scanner such as for example:

RCMP New Minas 155.880
RCMP Windsor 155.740

I have about 67 channel numbers including most of the RCMP in the valley, fire departments, drug squads, weather, dept of transpertation, corrections center in halifax, MT&T, NSPC, Lands and forest, EMS and Kellys towing. Are any of these numbers still good and would anyone like a copy of all these numbers? I think my biggest problem right now would be that im downstairs in a bungalo and also that my home made antenna, where could I get a new antenna and what else do you suggest I do.

Thanks for the help everyone,
A noobie

mciupa

Canadian DB Admin
Things have changed a lot in Nova Scotia since the days that scanner was released. :(

Here is a link for what is being used now in NS and NB:
http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=3627 :cool:

Have a look at the WIKI link and check out Uniden or RadioShack scanners if you are in the mood to upgrade.

Welcome to RadioReference :)

TheHighwayman

I just got my first hit!! I was listening to fire departments and I got my first hit from Wolfville fire dept!! YAy!!

TheHighwayman

Umm, those numbers you gave me have more than 6 digits so how would I enter them?

Im use to digits like .. 155.730 and such, this site has stuff like 860.06250

TheHighwayman

you should see my rig of an antenna I got, I cut the straight part off of a coat hanger and I grinded it all down

Status
Not open for further replies.