Holiday Report from Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocscan

Premium Subscriber
Visiting my folks for the holidays just outside of Ottawa, I brought along some scanners to figure out how to reprogram the parents Pro-2036 now that its "obsolete".

Using the radioshack groundplane (5+ years old now) mounted approximately 50' up, I am picking up St. Catherines Fire Dispatch on 155.4450mhz in one direction, ValleyField Quebec in the other on 154.1600mhz [156.7ctcss]. To the south getting alot of not yet ID'd American Stuff. Still lots of good conventional listening in the outlying areas.

Seasons Greetings.

Don Bowlby

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
I heard Renfrew CACC on PCOM dispatching a call for Petawawa around 1:15pm this afternoon from Kitchener and some County Fire from West Virginia late last night. I am still trying to figure out another department I heard in 154.250mhz, might have been from Saginaw Co Michigan.

homerjay

ve3nsv said:
I heard Renfrew CACC on PCOM dispatching a call for Petawawa around 1:15pm this afternoon from Kitchener and some County Fire from West Virginia late last night. I am still trying to figure out another department I heard in 154.250mhz, might have been from Saginaw Co Michigan.

154.250 if the dispatch started off with 3 or 4 beeps it may have been the city of Hamilton. That it their VHF simulcast for the volunteer departments.

hypersight

Tropo was quite good, and lasted most of the day yesterday. I was pulling in the Haliburton and Apsley towers in Zone 2 off the rubber ducky on my pro96....as well as a bunch of other towers in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.