trunked system

Waterboy501 said:
How do you enter these?

34976 88a A MOH ZN2 Southeast Zone Ambulance Common
34992 88b A R4 COM Region 4 Common
35008 88c A R5 COM Region 5 Common

They are not like the one's that i know

This is a Trunked Motorola Type II SmartZone system,
If your scanner is a trunk tracker then set the system up as a trunked system.
And put in the talk groups, if you still don't no what I'm talking about then do some searches on trunked systems and go into the forums for sourthern Ontario on this web site and do some research, all the information you need is on this web site. for you. Also use google search engine and do some searches on Motorola trunked systems.
Steve

mciupa

Canadian DB Admin
Looks like you want common frequencies . . . you can still listen to "common" comms on 150.100 mHz.
Provincial paging is on 149.440. Program those the "old way" that you are familiar with.

Take sometime to learn about trunking. I see from other posts you own a BC-785D .
There is a lot to listen to if you can configure your scanner properly. You won't be disappointed.

phyberoptics

Premium Subscriber
mciupa said:
Looks like you want common frequencies . . . you can still listen to "common" comms on 150.100 mHz.
Provincial paging is on 149.440. Program those the "old way" that you are familiar with.

Take sometime to learn about trunking. I see from other posts you own a BC-785D .
There is a lot to listen to if you can configure your scanner properly. You won't be disappointed.

MCIUPA, I have to say, that was possibly the nicest form of getting someone to research the hobby...no harsh words, but positive reinforcement...well done! Wish there were more who had your diplomacy...

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
MCUIPA is a patient man. His responce should be required reading by those who frequent the tavern for one.
On the other hand, as a Maple Leafs fan MCUIPA knows all too much about patience :)

E

Waterboy501

Trouble putting in a trunk freq

i have a BC785D with the digital card, i'm trying to put in the trunk freq. And when i go through the all the steps and get to the entering of the trunk codes, it says bad enters (error out of channels) I am trying to put in-
34976 88a A MOH ZN2 Southeast Zone Ambulance Common
34992 88b A R4 COM Region 4 Common
35008 88c A R5 COM Region 5 Common

And i can't get an answer about what do i enter, 34976 and that's it?

Thanks

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
This might get some answers if we knew which trunk system (city and state will do for starters) you were trying to program. It sounds like you're not programming something correctly - I'd do a reset and start from scratch. Program the frequencies first (don't forget to indicate what kind of system...)

Once you are trunking the system correctly, many Uniden models will let you hit 'manual' or 'hold'. The screen will blank out; you can then enter the talkgroups you want to hear. Ignore the hex notation - that's for Moto professional units. You want the 5 digit data on the left. Enter the first one, hit up arrow, enter the next one...until you run out of space (which I suspect you might have) or you're finished.

73s Mike

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Okay, lets get some terms straight.

The lines you copied in your post are not frequencies, they are talkgroups. The frequencies are all those sites that were above the talkgroups when you looked at the system page.

If you have the frequencies for your local site(s) entered correctly and the Custom Frequency Table established then what you want to do is enter those talk groups in the ID List associated with the bank that you entered the frequencies. I don't have a 785 but I know it is similar to my 796, so go to the part of the manual where it talks about entering known ID's under programming Motorola systems.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
He's an impatient one.

We've been trying to help him in the Eastern Ontario forum but since nobody answered his last email at 17:05 (it's not 18:56), he's decided to come here.

We're not even sure if he's got the system in correctly yet. If we could determine that, then we could move on to putting in talkgroups.

Waterboy501

I went throw the setup on (Programming your Uniden scanner for Bell Mobility Radio's Fleetnet system) when i get to entering a freq/trunk, and this somethings that i need to get cleared up. I know this is a freq 153.5150 is this a trunk # 34976 20?

The scanner is a trunktracker 3, and i'm getting my numbers from here http://www.radioreference.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=427772

And dose a trunk number have to be attached to a freq #?

And for jumping forums to get some answers, i don't have much time before i go to work each day.

mciupa

Canadian DB Admin
Waterboy501 said:
I'm trying to put in these trunk numbers in and i'm not sure on how to enter them.
i using this setup sheet. http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17856

i am getting a (Out of band error)

Remember you are trying to program VHF trunking. Not 800 or anything else. That may be the cause of "out of band" error.
They key point of Mike's instructions are right here:

"Scroll down (LIMIT) or press "5" to select TYPE2 VHF trunking.

The scanner now needs to setup the VHF trunking system parameters.
Hit "E" to enter the BASE CONFIG 1.

Press "141.015E" to enter the BASE FREQUENCY 1.
Press "15E" to enter the SPACE FREQUENCY1.
Press "380E" to enter the OFFSET CHANNEL1 (or just press "E" to leave it at the default which is already 380). "

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
The entire duplicate thread started in the Uniden forum, has been merged into this thread.

Waterboy501:
Stick with this thread until you get the answers you need, don't start another thread because you don't understand the answers you are getting here. Why don't you do a little research, it is obvious that you don't understand trunking radio at all. Start your reading with the RR Wiki, specifically Trunking Basics. After reading that, you might understand the answers the helpful folk are trying to give you.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
MikeOxlong has made an excellent sticky post in the Eastern Ontario forum that explains in great detail how to program a Uniden scanner for the BMR Fleetnet Zone 1 system. I'd suggest reading that - twice - before asking for further help. A lot of the terms we'd use are going to be greek until you understand the basics (Such as Base, Spacing, Offset, Site ID, etc..)

Waterboy501

Ok, i have a little bit more understanding of trunking systems.

The static that i am hearing on the Northumberland OPP's channel that i have is because of the new trunking system.

First question is, dose anyone have the Numbers for Northumberland OPP and Cobourg Police?

No i have gone through the (Programming your Uniden scanner for Bell Mobility Radio's Fleetnet system) two different times. From what i see, you setup your trunking system and enter in the freq's that you what. like the one's that are in red & blue on Bell Fleetnet - Ontario Provincial Government Zone 2 System

Cobourg (COBORG) 141.37500 141.55500 141.63000 142.21500 142.44000* 142.72500* 142.93500

I seen on this Bell Fleetnet - Ontario Provincial Government Zone 2 System that the MOH is on talk groups, now this one i don't get.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Now that you've got the Cobourg site for Fleetnet Zone 2 setup correctly, you need to learn how to search the database for the frequencies you want.

For Cobourg PS follow this link:

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&ctid=4310

They appear to be conventional so you can program them in appropriately.

For Northumberland OPP, you need to look under the Zone 2 Fleetnet system:

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=2560

You will find that Northumberland uses two talkgroup id's: 8832 and 8416

The MOH in the area is also on the Fleetnet system and you will need to enter the appropriate talkgroup id's for them.

If you don't understand what talkgroups are, you can use the Wiki:

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Trunking_Basics

All the pieces of the puzzle are here.

Once you understand how trunking and conventional systems differ, you will be able to use the search feature of the database to find the appropriate information to enter. Once that's entered, if you have problems then we can help.

If you don't understand what talkgroups are, leave your scanner in "ID Search" mode and you'll hear everything. Once you determine which id's are for the area you want, you can setup a scan list and use "ID Scan" mode.

Waterboy501

Something else, i keep on reading people saying that they are upload programs to the scanners. Is the true?

If so, what programs are out their to be uploaded or what programs do you use with your computer?

LordJ

Butel software makes great programs for scanners, I'm sure one for your radio as well. Some of them have an access to the RR database, and as a premium subscriber you can upload from the database via software

Status
Not open for further replies.