New and need TPS k9 Freq PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetgirl5167

Hi I just got a new scanner never used one before, I got a uniden BC330T (trunk iii)

I need the toronto police dog services frequency pretty please with suger on top! Thanks
Amanda

jetgirl5167

hummmm well I am new so I don't understand how to program a talk group... :( and I am a chick LOL!

but i do know how to enter frequencies .. ie 41 div is 868.0875 on my scanner i was looking for a frequency specifically for pds. i'm assuming it would be a long number similar to 14 division.

Gregor

Frequencies don't correspond to divisions anymore. The system used is trunked. I am sure there is a description about it somewhere on here. I could explain it now, but everytime I try to explain it, I make people more confused.

Once you have programmed in the trunked system (sometimes it's as easy as programming in the control channels, and specifying that it's a motorola system), talkgroups will start appearing on your screen. After this occurs, look for 5200 as this is the talkgroup for PDS. The rest of the talkgroup list can be seen at http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=738

Good luck getting the scanner working.

Greg

jetgirl5167

yes that does sound confusing....

does someone here have a link that explains how to program these talkgroups on my scanner? help me.....

jellotor

May I suggest going to www.butel.nl and downloading a demo copy of ARC330? The new dynamic memory scanners can be a bit wonky to program by hand, even for us super-intelligent men here at RR.com. And if you believe that, I've got some swampland in Wainfleet to sell you, cheap!

Seriously, give ARC330 a shot. I use ARC250 and ARC246 and they're invaluable programming tools and worth the money.

bluesman905

Hi again Amanda, the Radio Reference Wiki has a wealth of info on anything related to Scanning & Scanners.

Info on trunking systems is here http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Trunking You are looking at programming a Motorola Type ii system

Once again I'll mention that when you are up and running if you lock up on the PDS talk group you will hear very little. When a PDS unit responds to a call they will be found on whatever T/G that they are using for the call depending on where the call is. This will make more sence once you have read the above link.

Your 330T will allow you to scan "Control Channel Only" making it faster to program.
Once you have read about trunking, head to this page http://myweb.cableone.net/marksscanners/330/330test.html#program%20moto%20system

First check out
To Program a new Motorola system

Then have a look at
Set C-Ch Only (Motorola systems only)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.