totally confused help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetgirl5167

ok so I got this cool new scanner for christmas,yay me! I thought it would be fairly easy to use... grrrr....

I got a uniden BC330T trunk track lll .... I want to program in the trunking talkgroups for toronto police. Can someone please explain this to a very lost chick? or better yet does someone live in Toronto area willing to help me that knows my scanner unit I have?

I asked radio world to program it, but it appears they did not :(

Amanda

mciupa

Database Admin
Things have changed a lot with programming scanners over the last few years.

You'll need your owners manual close by.
The key areas are this.
In trunking mode , look for New System (press E after each instructrion)
press MOT (E)
Scroll until you find 800 MHZ STANDARD (E)
SET FREQ (E)
NEW FREQ (E)
INPUT (E)
EDIT FREQ (E)
NEW FREQ (E)

Press SCAN to exit. It will now do ID SEARCH by default , and this means you will hear all users on the system( POLICE ,FIRE , EMS)

If you have successfully gone this far then you can assign the talkgroups you want.(Example : PDS )
Start at MENU (E)
PROGRAM SYSTEM (E)
SELECT SYSTEM (E)
EDIT GROUP (E)
SELECT GROUP (E)
NEW GROUP (E)
EDIT NAME (E)
ENTER TEXT (follow the detailed instructions in your manual) (E)
MENU (E)
for each new talkgroup ,repeat these steps then push SCAN to exit.

Pretty intensive , huh ? It is a lot of work punching these keys by hand , but the plus side is you will understand how to program the radio yourself instead of being at the mercy of someone else . You can also find some software demos or purchase it out-right and do the programming via your computer .

Give it a try ... you may suprise yourself ;)

69stiles

I have the same radio. Here's what I did.
Become a donating member to RadioReference. Download the ARC330 software from Butel. The free demo version is fine to get you going. Being a donating member of RR you can transfer files from the database here onto your software. Your scanner includes the data cable to transfer from your pc.
If you get started now you could have all of Toronto programmed in as little as 30 minutes.

nova1010

330T programming

jetgirl5167 said:
ok so I got this cool new scanner for christmas,yay me! I thought it would be fairly easy to use... grrrr....

I got a uniden BC330T trunk track lll .... I want to program in the trunking talkgroups for toronto police. Can someone please explain this to a very lost chick? or better yet does someone live in Toronto area willing to help me that knows my scanner unit I have?

I asked radio world to program it, but it appears they did not :(

Amanda

Amanda get the 330t software here http://www.butelsoftware.com/ I think without the key to the software your only limited to a certain ammount of upload to the scanner though,,let me know what you want programmed into your 330T and I'll build you a file you can upload to your scanner,this should get you started anyway.

Shawn

Last edited:

wyldman

To properly monitor the all of the TPS,or any of the Toronto public safety system,you need to program 4 different groups,one for each tower.

I suggest doing some searching here,as it has been discussed before.Get to know how the programming works,and should be structured before diving in.It will make it so much easier once you understand it.

If you download ARC330,I can send you the files for Toronto.Most of mine are setup for fire,with little police stuff,but it's not hard to add the talkgroups you need from the database here.

Status
Not open for further replies.