Help Identifying a frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainbowSix

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

In my travels within Toronto I came across a frequency that has a constant beeping, kinda like a radar tone or traking device. I was traveling from Birchmount-St.Clair to Danthforth-Coxwell and was coming in strong on my BC-246T Close Call. I also pick it up at Morningside-Sheppard.

I have never heard this type of beeping before. And no Tpl or Dpl tone was indicated.

Does / can anyone identify what this beeping is on the following frequency?

462.7375mhz

I checked IC's website and shows users in London & Sarnia Ontario, nothing for Toronto or the GTA.

Does anyone know what this beeping or system is?

Andy, do you know?

Thanks
R6

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Damnit, you found my secret frequency.

Joking :) I can hear it around Warden and St. Clair just fine. Interesting what it is.

Do you do that travel often btw? PM me :)

DaveH

That's suspiciously close to "GMRS" frequency 462.725 so maybe somebody
with frequency agility is playing around, thinking people will think it is a
legit FRS/GMRS channel and eventually forget about it. I don't know that a
frequency would be assigned that close to "Channel 22", other than
what existed before "GMRS" came to Canada. Interesting.

Dave

slicerwizard

RainbowSix said:
Andy, do you know?
Hey Scotty, why would you think I'd know? :)

Anyways...

Back in the 90's, Scantrix listed 462.7375 as Kwik Messenger Service;

More recently, and up until about a year ago, 462.7375/467.7375 was licensed to "DHW Communications - 500 Duplex Ave". Fleetcom had been using that pair as the fourth channel on their Toronto Passport site (site 15); it was programmed to handle both LTR and PassPort traffic.

Presently, 462.7375 is being transmitted from 40 Pleasant Blvd (Yonge & St. Clair), a ~32 storey building which houses that infamous defective Pride Week EDACS system run by those tards known as Inaction Radio. Diamond Taxi is another tenant there, so maybe this is some sort of CAD transmitter for them.

RainbowSix

Premium Subscriber
Hey Andy,

Thats what I was starting to figure (Some sort of Cad system).

I asked if you knew, cause I know you are very imformative and you know your stuff.

Thanks for everybody's input.

moonbounce

In london

it is 462.2625. All it does is beep, i am waiting for it to stop and some announce the time.

mciupa

Canadian DB Admin
moonbounce said:
In London ,it is 462.2625. All it does is beep, i am waiting for it to stop and some announce the time.

That one is related to Spectrum Communications , maybe paging or something like we are hearing in Toronto.

moonbounce

Ther is no voice with this one, ( 463.2625 ) just a constant chirp. I have had it on the radio for long periods of time, and all I heard was the chirp.

moonbounce

P.S. Any Londoner's got their ears tuned to the action at city hall re: the biker trial is starting today.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
What's that got to do with an unidentified frequency in Toronto?

Please start a new thread if you want to discuss it further.

moonbounce

"What's that got to do with an unidentified frequency in Toronto?"

Well, it has nothing to do with Toronto, but it has everything to do with the type of signal and the frequency area that it is in, As my frequency is 500KHZ more. Like what's your problem, PMS pill not working today? I thought that disussing frequencies was what these forum is all about, what difference does it make what city it is in, it is a discussion end of story?

jellotor

You must not have read the basic outline for etiquette on forums...new topic, new thread. Frequencies for a biker trial in London have absolutely nothing to do with a possible CAD system on a frequency in Toronto.

moonbounce

Jellotor
Give me a break will ya. My original post was on topic, if you noticed the P.S. that was to indicate off topic. There are other people here who live in London, I was just making them aware of the biker Trials. Christ you sound like a bunch of girl guides. Oh please may I talk now. Get a life. I could understand if this was an ongoing problem but really.

moonbounce

Jellotor
Give me a break will ya. My original post was on topic, if you noticed the P.S. that was to indicate off topic. There are other people here who live in London, I was just making them aware of the biker Trials. Christ you sound like a bunch of girl guides. Oh please may I talk now. Get a life. I could understand if this was an ongoing problem but really.

RainbowSix

Premium Subscriber
My Goodness Moonbounce, I think someone woke up on the wrong side of their baby crib ???????

jellotor

moonbounce said:
Jellotor

I'm not the one you should be asking for a break from. The moderator, who already pointed out that you need to start a new thread, is the one who hands out breaks here...and I'm not sure you qualify. It does not need to be an ongoing problem to provoke a response...as you are finding out.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
moonbounce said:
"Well, it has nothing to do with Toronto, but it has everything to do with the type of signal and the frequency area that it is in, As my frequency is 500KHZ more. Like what's your problem, PMS pill not working today? I thought that disussing frequencies was what these forum is all about, what difference does it make what city it is in, it is a discussion end of story?

Yes, discussing frequencies is what this forum is about. In particular, this thread started off with a question about an unidentified frequency in Toronto. Your followup question about a similar frequency in the London area fit the thread fine.

What didn't fit was your new PS message about a biker trial in London.

If you want to discuss the biker trial in the context of scanners, then start a new thread.

Don't you think you will get more people from London participating if you start a new thread with "London" in the title?

I'm sure there's somebody in London who was listening but didn't see your message as they aren't reading the "Unidentified Frequency" thread.

If they had spotted a new thread with an appropriate title, they might have chimed in. Seems like common sense to me.

With that, please keep any further replies on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.