Fire Paging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
Does Toronto Fire use paging at all and if so at what freq? Nothing is in the database.. Also is 154.01000 B Township Fire Pagers FM still being used in the waterloo area?

Brian

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
Also are these still active?
167.1000 Toronto EMS
164.8200 Toronto EMS
412.5875 TTC
913.6875 Toronto EMS?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Yes, Toronto FS uses paging. You will need to monitor the trunking system to hear it though.

154.0100Mhz is still active for the rural departments around Waterloo last time I checked.

Toronto EMS' pagers are on 931.6875Mhz. The other frequencies have been decommissioned.

Guelph City pages out the stations on Fleetnet. I believe the rural departments are paged out on 153.770Mhz.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
Mike_Oxlong said:
No. Toronto Fire has dispatch talkgroups much like Brampton FS does.

Well yes I see the dispatch channels for TFS but don't they use a secondary call like Brampton which is pager? Brampton fire does all their dispatching on the TG 3344 but also have pagers same as Mississauga Fire and Caledon... So i was asking what TFS uses as a backup/secondary from the Dispatch TG's

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Toronto Fire's dispatch system works on a 900MHz MOSCAD system for station alerting/printouts. Their in-truck systems have several wireless options - WiFi (for in the stations), Rogers cellular modem, and the Rogers/Bell Inukshuk system.

None of them are monitorable.

nova1010

Mike_Oxlong said:
Guelph City pages out the stations on Fleetnet. I believe the rural departments are paged out on 153.770Mhz.

Well I used PDW on a tapped BCT7 with a 2 level slicer on 153.770Mhz with no luck ,had it running for over 24hrs with nothing coming up,back to the drawing board.Ill keep trying though. :)

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Guys, please realize that alphanumeric paging for fire departments is very rare.

I know Caledon, Brampton and Mississauga use it but I'm unaware of any other departments.

Most fire departments use two tone paging with voice.

I'm pretty sure running PDW on 153.770 will get you zilch.

This applies to most fire department frequencies.

You will need to decode the two tones used to set off the pagers and use the fire tone out feature of the newer Unidens.

DaveH

Mike_Oxlong said:
Guys, please realize that alphanumeric paging for fire departments is very rare.

Realizing you may be referring to your specific area(s), but Ottawa uses
it for paging outlying areas on its frequency 155.610.

Dave

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
You can add Niagara Falls to the Alpha-Numeric list as they use that and QC for both their full-time and volunteer FF.

Waterloo Regions rural departments are still toned out on 154.010mhz which is patched to 04-055 on the Edacs system, they usually switch to their tactical talkgroup once they arrive scene.

All of Wellington Counties rural departments are paged out on 153.770mhz, most stay on that frequency when running calls but a few have switched to other systems for in house communications.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
ve3nsv said:
You can add Niagara Falls to the Alpha-Numeric list as they use that and QC for both their full-time and volunteer FF.

Waterloo Regions rural departments are still toned out on 154.010mhz which is patched to 04-055 on the Edacs system, they usually switch to their tactical talkgroup once they arrive scene.

All of Wellington Counties rural departments are paged out on 153.770mhz, most stay on that frequency when running calls but a few have switched to other systems for in house communications.

So what would Tone A & B be for the Waterloo Region since its at 154.010? So Shawn can set it up?

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Depends which department he wants to be alerted for as there are 12 rural departments in Waterloo Region.

Wilmot Twp - New Dundee, Baden, New Hamburg
Wellesley Twp - Wellesley, Linwood, St. Clements
Woolwich Twp - Conestogo, Elmira, Floradale, Maryhill and St. Jacobs
North Dumphries Twp - Ayr

edwardscott

Maybe this is the kind of information that should be submitted to the database? I noticed this is not in there...

Just an idea.

ES

RainbowSix

Premium Subscriber
Hey Mike,

These are the freq's I came up with for the TFS Moscad system, do these look correct?

or

R6

exkalibur said:
Toronto Fire's dispatch system works on a 900MHz MOSCAD system for station alerting/printouts. Their in-truck systems have several wireless options - WiFi (for in the stations), Rogers cellular modem, and the Rogers/Bell Inukshuk system.

None of them are monitorable.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
I've never personally monitored this MOSCAD system, so I've got no idea what the frequencies are. But, those are quite probable :) I don't have a radio near me, but...is there data on any of those frequencies? It'd be a good bet to say they're correct if that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.