Peel TG 8224

Status
Not open for further replies.

phyberoptics

Premium Subscriber
UniTrunker logged an unknown TG on Peel, 8224 @ 23:09:20 tonight, and this is not the first occurance of this group. Has anyone heard anything on it?

I've set the scanner to beep at me when it comes across this again.

SCPD

QRT
slicerwizard said:
Hm, 8224 is hex 2020, which is part of an emergency clear command. Maybe UniTrunker misinterpreted it.
Let's test that theory.

PhyberOptics - you can turn on logging under the options menu. That will capture the specific event(s) that produced this group id. You can also scroll through the list of users to look for any radios currently affiliated to this group (or just search the RID file in notepad).

-rick

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
I ran Trunk88 on the Peel system for quite awhile and have no records of that talkgroup. I would suspect Unitrunker is either missing the rest of an emerg. clear command...or it's falsing on something else (Radio ID maybe?)

phyberoptics

Premium Subscriber
I'm at work now, but I'll run this when I get home with logging.

When i read "part of an emergency clear command", do you mean there was a 10-33 on the radio (the emergency pin)?

slicerwizard

exkalibur said:
I would suspect Unitrunker is either missing the rest of an emerg. clear command...or it's falsing on something else (Radio ID maybe?)
It occurs to me that any value from 0x2020 to 0x202F, if misinterpreted as a talkgroup reference, would show up as group 8224. That includes 0x2021 (patch/MSEL termination); not a particularly rare value.

Status
Not open for further replies.