york region system

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwardscott

Just wondering from anyone who monitors the York Region system what kind of distance it can be heard from. I'm about 25 minutes east of Georgina, anyone up the east shore of Simcoe monitor them?

Also, wondering if anyone knows the talkgroups for the fire departments in Georgina, East-Gwillimbury and Whitchurch-Stouffville...they are not in the database, although the ones for Markham, Richmond Hill and Vaughn are...I did not see Central York though.

Anyone monitor fire in north York Region?

cheers,

ES

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
I know I can't get York region very well out in Mississauga unless i am in my car so they don't have their signal streaching very far past their area... Mike me have better insight to this... This is just my findings.. I can get TPS and Halton no problem but not York from my house... :(

RainbowSix

Premium Subscriber
I guess it all depends on the type of scanner, antenna, and if you have a good signal to hear the control channel.

The reception/Signal quality is good in Pefferlaw as I travel up there to visit a friend of mine. I listen to this system on the way up there and my friend also monitors it from Pefferlaw.

I know there is a simulcasted tower some where in Sutton cause YRP has there District 3 Police Station up there on 3182 Baseline Rd (Sutton).

In regards to the fire departments to the north you are asking about, you can find them here.

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=1572

Note- The York Region System can be heard as far north as Barrie.

Hope this helps

R6

edwardscott said:
Just wondering from anyone who monitors the York Region system what kind of distance it can be heard from. I'm about 25 minutes east of Georgina, anyone up the east shore of Simcoe monitor them?

Also, wondering if anyone knows the talkgroups for the fire departments in Georgina, East-Gwillimbury and Whitchurch-Stouffville...they are not in the database, although the ones for Markham, Richmond Hill and Vaughn are...I did not see Central York though.

Anyone monitor fire in north York Region?

cheers,

ES

wyldman

Coverage is good to the North and East.It just plain sucks anywhere South or West.I can barely hear it in Brampton,and it's so so at my MIL's at Martin grove and Steeles.I can get it OK in some parts of Toronto.

edwardscott

Thanks for the help...I figured it would be better this way...I would hope it comes in good in Pefferlaw, since thats in York Region! lol.

***In regards to the fire departments to the north you are asking about, you can find them here.

I am aware they can be found here, but 'they,' as I mentioned in my previous post, only includes southern York Region departments.
What I am looking for, as I already said, is the operational talkgroups for the northern fire departments, including Central York (Newmarket, Aurora), East Gwillimbury, Whitchurch-Stouffville and most importantly, Georgina, which is the north east tip closer to me.

Thanks again,

ES

RainbowSix said:
I guess it all depends on the type of scanner, antenna, and if you have a good signal to hear the control channel.

The reception/Signal quality is good in Pefferlaw as I travel up there to visit a friend of mine. I listen to this system on the way up there and my friend also monitors it from Pefferlaw.

I know there is a simulcasted tower some where in Sutton cause YRP has there District 3 Police Station up there on 3182 Baseline Rd (Sutton).

In regards to the fire departments to the north you are asking about, you can find them here.

Note- The York Region System can be heard as far north as Barrie.

Hope this helps

R6

RainbowSix

Premium Subscriber
Ok,

so your not looking for these talkgroups then,

3600 0e1 B2 Georgina, East Gwillimbury, Central York Operations

3664 0e5 B4 Georgina, East Gwillimbury, Central York Incidents

3728 0e9 B6 Georgina, East Gwillimbury, Central York Incidents

3792 0ed B8 Georgina, East Gwillimbury, Central York Incidents

4016 0fb C2 Markham, Whitchurch-Stoufville Operations

Because thats all RR has. I'm sure if a fellow listner had more info they would have posted it by now.

The above Fire Services were compiled by a listner who took the time to listen to their radio and right down which talkgroups they were dispatch out on and which tac or incident channel they switched over too.

If it's not listed then more then likely, no one has added anything new, YET.

R6

edwardscott said:
Thanks for the help...I figured it would be better this way...I would hope it comes in good in Pefferlaw, since thats in York Region! lol.

***In regards to the fire departments to the north you are asking about, you can find them here.

I am aware they can be found here, but 'they,' as I mentioned in my previous post, only includes southern York Region departments.
What I am looking for, as I already said, is the operational talkgroups for the northern fire departments, including Central York (Newmarket, Aurora), East Gwillimbury, Whitchurch-Stouffville and most importantly, Georgina, which is the north east tip closer to me.

Thanks again,

ES

KevMuskoka

edwardscott,

The information is there. I was the one who supplied most of it, I just don't know the Markham / Whitchurch Stouffville designations.

Richmond Hill Fire dispatches Central York/East Gwillimbury and Georgina
Vaughan Fire dispatches for King Twp
Markham Fire dispatches for Whitchurch Stouffville

The talkgroups for each are listed on that page that the link goes to, if you read the Richmond Hill list you'll see what RainbowSix copied and pasted for you.

I'll talk more specifically for Vaughan (I work for them, previously as a dispatcher and now a firefighter) ... A2 is Vaughan Operations, Vaughan incidents are on A3, A4, A5, A6. King Twp is dispatched by pagers on a VHF frequency (153.665) , then they respond on A7. If there are multiple incidents in King, one (or more) go to A8.

The information supplied for Richmond Hill is the best that I know, it might be wrong.

Kevin

edwardscott

Ah, I see. I apologize for completely overlooking them...perhaps we could msg RR to have them organize them more specifically...

Or is Georgina etc under Richmond Hill, for example, b/c that is where they are dispatched? Ok. This is making more sense.

Cheers,

ES

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
edwardscott said:
Ah, I see. I apologize for completely overlooking them...perhaps we could msg RR to have them organize them more specifically...

Please do. If you think you have a better way of organizing the data then let us know.

I've organized them as per Kev's last submission and as far as I know, he's satisfied with how they are laid out now.

edwardscott said:
Or is Georgina etc under Richmond Hill, for example, b/c that is where they are dispatched? Ok. This is making more sense.
ES

It seems pretty simple to me:

Stick in all the Fire Service talkgroups and listen. Sooner or later you'll hear a call for the area you are interested.

conundrum

edwardscott said:

Cheers,

ES

Richmond Hill Fire dispatch Dispatches for
-Richmond Hill Fire
-Central York Fire Service
-East Gwillimbury Fire
-Georgina Fire

Vaughan Fire dispatch Dispatches for
-Vaughan Fire
-King Fire

Markham Fire dispatch Dispatches for
-Markham Fire
-Whitchurch Stouffville Fire

On the York system a couple days ago there was a call for a PI in Aurora, the officer on scene asked if fire had been dispatched, and the dispatcher replied with "Richmond Hill Fire Dispatch has been notified, and Fire is on the way" the officer asks why richmond hill fire was coming when it was CYFS' area... she replies that thats who dispatches them...

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
YR Fire

conundrum said:
Richmond Hill Fire dispatch Dispatches for
-Richmond Hill Fire
-Central York Fire Service
-East Gwillimbury Fire
-Georgina Fire

Vaughan Fire dispatch Dispatches for
-Vaughan Fire
-King Fire

Markham Fire dispatch Dispatches for
-Markham Fire
-Whitchurch Stouffville Fire

On the York system a couple days ago there was a call for a PI in Aurora, the officer on scene asked if fire had been dispatched, and the dispatcher replied with "Richmond Hill Fire Dispatch has been notified, and Fire is on the way" the officer asks why richmond hill fire was coming when it was CYFS' area... she replies that thats who dispatches them...

So Central York Fire Services serves Aurora and Newmarket?

Matt

N

nec208

''I know I can't get York region very well out in Mississauga unless i am in my car so they don't have their signal streaching very far past their area... Mike me have better insight to this... This is just my findings.. I can get TPS and Halton no problem but not York from my house...''

-----
I can hear York region in Brampton but the signal strength is not good and seems to jump around strength 2 or 3 has if the tower site is fluctuating and this is in the house not moving around.

Well in the car the more west you go in Brampton the signal strength becomes worse.You have to find out where the tower site is in York region and the transmitting power.If the tower site is by the 400 that may be why.

RainbowSix

Premium Subscriber
It's all about the location, antenna, and sensitivity of the reciever-scanner being used.

I have monitored YRP from South Halton Region in the past with a Commercial Radio, recieved them very well. Even recieved them with a Uniden Scanner with some success, who knew.

R6

N

nec208

Ya I even have problems picking up Toronto on the BC245 or the BC250D.

I'm sorry I got the BC250D because it is very sensitive and just moving it around house can lower the signal strength even if I'm picking up Brampton fire.

I know radio shack has some new scanners but I don't know about Uniden , I think after the 2 digital scanner they stop making scanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.