Confirmation Of Capability:BC250D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalCarnage

Hello All,

I have never used this function on my BC250D before so i want to make 100% sure that i can do this before i go on a trip and find out i pulled the big F%$@ up.

I am going to Saskatoon and would like someone with experience of using the Control Channel-Only function on the BC250D to confirm that the following system can be programmed using the Control Channel Only option..

Here she is

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=537

Thanks for the replys in advance

plaws

Premium Subscriber
MetalCarnage said:
I am going to Saskatoon and would like someone with experience of using the Control Channel-Only function on the BC250D to confirm that the following system can be programmed using the Control Channel Only option..

Any Motorola system can be entered as "control channel only". I had a 250 at one time and had at least one system in that way. I don't know how to do it manually, but through ARC250 it should be pretty straight-forward.

Now, if this was a *real* P25 system (like the Service de securite incendies de Montreal), you'd be SOL on the 250. But from the listing, you should be fine.

MetalCarnage

plaws said:
Any Motorola system can be entered as "control channel only". I had a 250 at one time and had at least one system in that way. I don't know how to do it manually, but through ARC250 it should be pretty straight-forward.

Now, if this was a *real* P25 system (like the Service de securite incendies de Montreal), you'd be SOL on the 250. But from the listing, you should be fine.

K, awesome....i have used many APCO-p25 systems with my BC250d, but i have always put in all the freqs (control and voice) never just the control channel.

As long as the system i showed u will work with Control-Channel Only (i have no problems programming the Control-Channel setting, just wanted ot make sure that system was compatible) then i am all good, thanks for the help

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
I think your mistaken, the BC250 / BC296D - BC785 / BC796D will not do control channel only on any system other then an 800mhz Motorola Type II system from my experience.

plaws said:
Any Motorola system can be entered as "control channel only". I had a 250 at one time and had at least one system in that way..

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Only 800Mhz and possibly 900Mhz systems can be programmed as "Control Channel Only".

VHF and UHF systems need the bandplan explicitly defined unless it's a P25 trunking system which sends the bandplan out on the control channel.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
jellotor said:
I don't believe VHF Motorola systems can be programmed as control channel only on BC250Ds...

Great minds think alike eh. :)

Looks like we posted at exactly the same time.

What am I thinking about right now?

jellotor

ve3nsv said:
Great minds think alike eh. :)

Looks like we posted at exactly the same time.

What am I thinking about right now?

Hmmmm.....deep inside Terry's mind, sick and twisted fantasies about LTR Passport systems...either that or thoughts of Bryan.

We are a sad people sometimes.

jellotor

MetalCarnage said:
Well, no probs, both systems i will be programming are Motorola 800 systems

Well, good thing for that...otherwise you might just end up back here asking us all why it didn't work.

I kid, I kid...

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
jellotor said:
Hmmmm.....deep inside Terry's mind, sick and twisted fantasies about LTR Passport systems...either that or thoughts of Bryan.

We are a sad people sometimes.

Seems my job requires me to eat / sleep and breathe LTR / Passport. :)

I guess thats why I have a CDM 1550LS+, HT1250LS+, HT1550XLS and Kenwood TK-480 on my bench at work. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.