York Region Police?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm Darryl from Richmond Hill. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have a Uniden Bearcat Trunktracker 300. I can't seem to hear any York Regional Police talkgroups (in ontario). I entered the frequencies in bank 1 in trunk mode and I never see any York Police talk groups. All I seem to get is Toronto Police talkgroups. I entered all the frequencies and am scanning bank 1 only. I read my manual to see what I'm doing wrong, but can't figure it out. The Toronto police talkgroups are 4 digits...the York ones are supposed to be 3 but I never see any of them pop up when scanning. Any help is appreciated.

mciupa

Canadian DB Admin
Are you sure about that model # . The Bearcat 300 is ancient and not a trunktracker.
Could it be a BC 330 T you are trying to program ? :confused:

York Region rotates it's control channel on a daily basis . Make sure all CC's are entered from the database , and also ... are you pulling in a robust CC signal ?

Last edited:
N

nec208

On a site note Darryl York Regional Police use the MDT to dispatch most of the calls and they don't use the radio too much. Only if some thing big comes in or a priority E call.

If you are monitoring York Regional Police like 4 district or any district and you have other scanner monitoring Toronto police or Peel police you will hear more dispatch calls.There are some times I only hear 2 calls dispatch in 4 district witch is really low in hour.

Also in Peel some dispatchers like to send calls to the MDT and not the radio.Well in Winnipeg the police like to dispatch calls on the radio but car to car or car to dispatch like to use the MDT.

nec208 said:
On a site note Darryl York Regional Police use the MDT to dispatch most of the calls and they don't use the radio too much. Only if some thing big comes in or a priority E call.

If you are monitoring York Regional Police like 4 district or any district and you have other scanner monitoring Toronto police or Peel police you will hear more dispatch calls.There are some times I only hear 2 calls dispatch in 4 district witch is really low in hour.

Also in Peel some dispatchers like to send calls to the MDT and not the radio.Well in Winnipeg the police like to dispatch calls on the radio but car to car or car to dispatch like to use the MDT.

When scanning I see Toronto talkgroups but I never see any York Talkgroups. Is there any way to only moniter the York Region talkgroups? Is this because Toronto and York use the same system and frequencies?
mciupa said:
Are you sure about that model # . The Bearcat 300 is ancient and not a trunktracker.
Could it be a BC 330 T you are trying to program ? :confused:
Yeah your right, It's a Bearcat trunktracker II (300 channel) not 300 as in the model...Sorry about that.

I used to scan on an older bearcat when Toronto used a set frequency for each division (mid 1990's :D) Ahh the good ol days....

slicerwizard

Back that train up a sec. Toronto and York do not use the same system or frequencies. If you're hearing Toronto talkgroups, it's because you've programmed your scanner with one or more Toronto systems. If you want to hear York, program a bank or whatever your scanner uses with York's frequencies and talkgroups.

These are the frequencies I programmed into one bank only. I programmed in trucking mode. These are right off this Site... I still hear toronto talkgroups... Here they are:

860.98750 863.48750 866.13750 866.36250 866.63750 867.13750* 867.41250* 867.63750* 867.91250*

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
When the scanner briefly stops on the control channel, what's the frequency?

I'm guessing you have a Toronto control channel in there somehow.

phyberoptics

Premium Subscriber
fullspectrum71 said:
These are the frequencies I programmed into one bank only. I programmed in trucking mode. These are right off this Site... I still hear toronto talkgroups... Here they are:

860.98750 863.48750 866.13750 866.36250 866.63750 867.13750* 867.41250* 867.63750* 867.91250*

You pasted what was in the RR Database, but actually go through each channel in the bank of your scanner where York is programmed. Make sure you step through ALL channels in that bank (30 channels most likely), and ensure you only have the above 9 frequencies in the bank.

Something has gone haywire if you're seeing Toronto talkgroups on York system.

I wouldn't think you have an extra control channel in there, as a TrunkTracker II scanner doesn't support Control Channel Only operations. That said, something is not right ;)

KevMuskoka

york fire departments

I think he might mean that he's hearing York Fire Departments (some of them are the same as the police tg numbers).

I wouldn't say you're completely wrong in your setup, you just might not be hearing the police that much as it was said - lots of MDT use now and not much discussion on the police talkgroups. Although, tonight I've heard a few calls dispatched on 4 district (tg 144).

I would say if you don't want to hear the York Fire Departments, which I think you're hearing on those 4 digit tgs, then program in the Police tgs and just scan those (I don't have your scanner, but I'm assuming you can do that).

Kevin P.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
I don't see that much change in the activity on the York system. To me it is as busy as always. True the mdt is in use but really it is the boring stuff on there and we hear the exciting calls on the scanners.
Take care

I finally got it working. After making sure the frequencies were all entered in the trunking mode I pressed search and it started showing the York talkgroups instead of the Toronto talkgroups. Finally!!! I've had this thing for a few years and it was collecting dust because I only could figure out the Toronto talkgroups. I guess I don't really know how to program it properly. Looks like I got it now...Thanks guys. Only problem is it stops on a talkgroup and stays there until I press search again...Reading the instructions, I'm not sure how to keep it scanning the talkgroups. It seems I have to press search all the time. Nice to hear local stuff again! Thanks.

N

nec208

Well make sure the talkgroups are in for YRPD when you are scanning it.

On a site note each police department is different what they say on the radio and what they don't say .Many police departments only dispatch priority E or priority 1 calls on the radio well the priority 2 calls or priority 3 calls is sent to the MDT.

There was call in York for 10-47 fight and one of the police officers ask the dispatcher to voice it out.

They like to voice traffic calls out like someone speeding or DUI calls I guess they want all the officers to hear it.Well calls like shoplift,PD,threatening,assault,missing party,noise music or party,suspicious car,suspicious person, alarm so on they like to sent to the MDT.

I don't know what is with the OPP but they like to use radio very much even 10-28 or 10-29 CNI's well in the car!!

I would say Peel police is better than York police to voice calls out but Peel could do better.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
nec208 said:
I don't know what is with the OPP but they like to use radio very much even 10-28 or 10-29 CNI's well in the car!!

Probably because the OPP don't have MWS's in each vehicle like the other forces.

Doesn't make sense to dispatch by computer since the non-computer equipped cars won't see the dispatch.

N

nec208

Well do you think the fire or EMS may get computers in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.