Sault Area Hospital Helicopter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firetxmi

Hello everyone,
I have been in Sault Ste. Marie Michigan monitoring for a while. I am finally getting into monitoring the Canadian Frequencies as well. I have a couple of questions:

1)Does anyone have the frequency, or at the least the name of the company, for the helicopter(s) (I assume Medical) that go in and out of Sault Area Hospital (Ontario)?

2) Are the Sault Ste. Marie Ontario City police on the same Motorola Type II that the OPP is on?

Thanks!

newtoscanning

Answer to #1

I am pretty sure the air ambulances operate on 413.6875, this is only a dispatch frequency, not ATC.

However, as per my name....let one of the experianced people help you out.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Firetxmi said:
2) Are the Sault Ste. Marie Ontario City police on the same Motorola Type II that the OPP is on?

No, the Sault Sainte Marie Ontario, Police, are on an 800 MHz trunked system, which operates between 851.0000 and 868.9875 MHz. If you could search for this system and find where they operate at, please let us know the frequencies and type of system they are using. It's suspected that they are using a Motorola Type II system, but that info is not confirmed.

73's

Ron

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Air ambulance as mentioned could be using the MedCom Frequency 413.6875, you would also hear them on 150.1 PCOMM and 129.275 which is another Air EMS frequency.

Firetxmi said:
Hello everyone,
I have been in Sault Ste. Marie Michigan monitoring for a while. I am finally getting into monitoring the Canadian Frequencies as well. I have a couple of questions:

1)Does anyone have the frequency, or at the least the name of the company, for the helicopter(s) (I assume Medical) that go in and out of Sault Area Hospital (Ontario)?

Thanks!

Firetxmi

Thunderbolt said:
No, the Sault Sainte Marie Ontario, Police, are on an 800 MHz trunked system, which operates between 851.0000 and 868.9875 MHz. If you could search for this system and find where they operate at, please let us know the frequencies and type of system they are using. It's suspected that they are using a Motorola Type II system, but that info is not confirmed.

73's

Ron

Well, I have today off, so I will do some investigating and get back to you.. I found the OPP system by chance while in search mode so I bet I can find others...

MetalCarnage

Firetxmi said:
Well, I have today off, so I will do some investigating and get back to you.. I found the OPP system by chance while in search mode so I bet I can find others...

The question is which opp system are you picking up since there are so many towers in northern ontario

Firetxmi

MetalCarnage said:
The question is which opp system are you picking up since there are so many towers in northern ontario

As for OPP, I am picking up the Sault Ste. Marie, and the Searchmont Towers.

As for my investigating:

Well, I started off in the range you suggested (851- 869)- the only two towers I found where the Raco and Sault Ste. Marie, MI (MPSCS)

I then decided if I was really going to do this right I better search almost all the bands around here and see which ones have any kind of digital signal on them. After a long and tedious search from 100mhz to 1300mhz I found a couple things of interest.

*On 454.85 my Pro-96 read: "CT: 225.7 S" when I was in the search mode and came across it. What does this mean (I assume CTCSS) and what do I do to listen to it and find out who it is?

*I found a definite digital conversation on 220.0775 there were MOT's popping up left and right. I was only able to get one (MOT: 38096) but others started with 6's and 8's. Anyone have any idea which system this might be associated with? I Couldn't seem to find the control channel- any tips?

We might be on to something here. I just need to figure out the next step.....

SCPD

QRT
Hello there. This is Coolguy.

Just for your information. The Sault Police are on 142.830. But the are Digital and Encrypted. I checked them the last time I was there. And that is what they are Digital and Encrypted. So all you will hear is garble when they talk. So since they are Encrypted. You will not be able to listen to them.

As long as you have the Main CC, Alternate CC and all the Voice Channels for the Sault found under Zone 3 Trunking. You will hear everything.

If you search between 850.000 - 868.9875. You will hear Digital communications of the Police and a few other things from in Michigan.

Hope this helps.

Coolguy

jellotor

Firetxmi said:
*On 454.85 my Pro-96 read: "CT: 225.7 S" when I was in the search mode and came across it. What does this mean (I assume CTCSS) and what do I do to listen to it and find out who it is?

A good tool is the searchable TAFL database at strategis.ic.gc.ca...it allows you to confirm frequencies licensed to commercial users.

In other words, it will let you figure out which frequencies the Sault PS are NOT on...

Firetxmi

454.85 is Air to Ground telephone for airplanes I believe now. If anyone knows more info please post it.

mciupa

Canadian DB Admin
The 454.850 freq. is licensed to Bell Alliant , part of the mega-giant telecom company here in Canada.
Are you hearing calls of a private nature , or is it business related comms. ?
The 220 freq. is definitely Amateur Radio here in Canada , it may be business in the U.S.
Are you keeping a log of talkgroups ?

Firetxmi

mciupa said:
The 454.850 freq. is licensed to Bell Alliant , part of the mega-giant telecom company here in Canada.
Are you hearing calls of a private nature , or is it business related comms. ?
The 220 freq. is definitely Amateur Radio here in Canada , it may be business in the U.S.
Are you keeping a log of talkgroups ?

I am keeping a long log of unknown frequencies and talk groups, in my spare time I have been playing detective and have been trying to figure them out.

I did notice that it was registered to Bell Alliant, when I checked in the FCC database it came up as an air to ground telephone. I have not heard any voice on it yet, but the reason why I think it is air to ground is because it has a constant steady tone- which is indicative of air to ground when not in use. When I search it with my Pro-96 it shows me a CTCSS number though, I will keep listening.

As for Air Ambulance frequencies though I did find this website: http://www.panix.com/~clay/scanning/frequencies/canada/ontario/general.txt
I added the air ambulance frequencies to my scanner, so it is just a matter of time until hopefully I hear something.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Firetxmi said:
As for Air Ambulance frequencies though I did find this website: http://www.panix.com/~clay/scanning/frequencies/canada/ontario/general.txt
I added the air ambulance frequencies to my scanner, so it is just a matter of time until hopefully I hear something.

You can generally toss anything you get on that webpage. It's ancient history.

150.100 is generally used for helicopter to land vehicle.
413.6875 is used between the helicopter and MEDCOM.
129.2750 is used for fixed wing aircraft.

Firetxmi

Yeah, I kind of figured it was extremely outdated, but I figured it was better to input old frequencies than never find the right ones. Thanks for the frequencies, I will double check to make sure I have those.

Firetxmi

*I found a definite digital conversation on 220.0775 there were MOT's popping up left and right. I was only able to get one (MOT: 38096) but others started with 6's and 8's. Anyone have any idea which system this might be associated with? I Couldn't seem to find the control channel- any tips?

I am now beginning to think 38096 might be the WACN, but I am not sure. I have been trying to listen to 220.0775 but haven't heard any more digital conversations.

Status
Not open for further replies.