Newbie and need some info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babu88

Hi.. I would like to get into the scanning world.. and wondering which scanner I should get.. I travel around toronto and durham area and would like to listen to police, ambulances etc.. I know that they're both on fleetnet. Would the Uniden 246t do the job? or I need a digital scanner, like the pro 96?

imcleish

Welcome,

The 246Twill work for Analog systems only. Because of the band plan, the 330T is a better analog only scanner for use on fleetnet (can select NFM for VHF Trunking) and will be fine for the Durham and toronto trunk systems.

Digital is required if you want to monitor the OPP eg/396, 996, pro 96 and 2096.

It really depends what you want to hear.

DRPS are not monitorable as they utilize the Telus Mobility Mike Iden Sysem.

Hope this helps.:D

Babu88

Thanks for the info! I think I'm gonna get the BR330T. Which programming software would you recommend for that radio?

imcleish

Babu,
I would agree with using the Butel software, it is designed in windows and can import iformation directly from this database. In addition you can usually download a trial befor you buy from the Butels Website. Support from Butel is Great and you can even re-sell your software key with the radio if you ever choose to as long a you remove the version you ave from your computer.

wyldman

Babu88 said:
Thanks for the info! I think I'm gonna get the BR330T. Which programming software would you recommend for that radio?

The BR330T is a nice radio.It is pretty much the same as the 396,so if you decide to go digital and get a 396,then you'll be familiar with it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.