Cornwall PD and other Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_25_73

I am looking for some frequencies for the Cornwall area. I have been trying to access the Cornwall PD at 142.035, but it seems to be scrambled r something.

Help please

mike_25_73

Is there anyone who has the info on how to access this frequency or decrypt it. I have an alinco dj-x2000 receiver.

mciupa

Canadian DB Admin
You are asking the impossible .

Consider buying a digital trunktrack scanner to listen to the OPP if you are interested in listening to Police activity in your area.

Until that time , listen to what you can on the OPP repeater freq's
410.86250 123.0 PL VR 01 Vehicular Repeater
411.02500 162.2 PL Canine Units
411.31250 107.2 PL VR 02 Vehicular Repeater
411.51250 136.5 PL VR 03 Vehicular Repeater
411.81250 141.3 PL VIP RPT VIP Repeater
412.88750 107.2 PL BEAT 02 Beat Repeater
413.53750 107.2 PL BEAT 01 Beat Repeater

mike_25_73

I received this scanner for Christmas
There seems to be alot of features on it, but they mean nothing to me.
It says that the Celular frequencies are unlocked and the range is up to 2100.
I had it since Christmas and have not heard a damn thing on it....lol

I would like to pick up anything intersting in the Cornwall area.

City Police
opp
rcmp
Cel phone activity
ambulance

Can anyone help.

Here are the specs

There are several features in the DJ-X2000 "World" not available on any other units or versions:
The in built frequency counter is a first and allows the radio to instantly tune to any detected frequency within range of the counter (this is a near field capability). Transceiver function from 250.00 to 259.975MHz, 25 kHz spacing, NFM.

Other built in features include CTCSS, two-mode "bug" detector to allow hidden transmitters to be located, a record facility that allows up to 160 seconds of audio to be stored in digital memory and a speech inversion decoder for analogue scrambled audio together with other conventional features you would expect in a modern receiver.

DATA between different DJ-X2000's can be cloned whilst free software available from Alinco allows the unit to be programmed from a PC - memory and other data can be uploaded and changes can be made to settings including the Auto Mode Bandplan.

Specifications:
DJ-X2000Receiving Range: 0.1000 to 2,149.999950MHz
Mode: NFM/WFM(mono,stereo)/AM/CW/USB/LSB
Memory channels: 2,000 / 50banks, 40channels in each bank

jellotor

As mciupa already told you, you can't monitor Cornwall police: they're encrypted.

You'll need a trunktracker capable of monitoring Motorola Type 2 VHF systems to monitor MOH. You'll need a digital trunktracker for OPP. Or you can input the VR and BEAT repeater frequencies if you're in range.

Most of the RCMP chatter I've heard is digital and encrypted, so you're SOL there too. However the frequencies are in the database, plug 'em in and give 'em a listen.

As for cell phones...there isn't that much in the way of analog cell activity anymore.

mciupa

Canadian DB Admin
The five areas of interest you listed can't be received on that receiver.
But , why not engage the frequency counter and see what it will "sniff" out .
If you haven't heard anything , perhaps an external antenna should be used as opposed to the stock one sold with the receiver.
You can also listen to Marine , Coast Guard , Rail , Aircraft , Shortwave on your radio.
If you happen to travel down to Brockville , then you could test out the speech inversion decoder. I believe Ogdensburg N.Y. also is using it too.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Speaking of which, is there any Beat Repeaters down in that corner of Eastern Ontario?

jellotor said:
You'll need a trunktracker capable of monitoring Motorola Type 2 VHF systems to monitor MOH. You'll need a digital trunktracker for OPP. Or you can input the VR and BEAT repeater frequencies if you're in range.

hnbcd

has anyone tried using a digital scanner (like the RS pro-96 to see if cornwall pd was just p-25 no encryption?)

hnbcd

oh okay, so that means you can't listen in even if you have a pro-96 right?

mciupa

Canadian DB Admin
That is correct , but OPP is still an option for police monitoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.