396 t bc

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerman796

Is it possible to program the 396t without the software and does anyone have the directions to do that and could tell me how or where to find it. Thanks

scannerman796

396t

Thankyou for your response but I do have the manual but I still cant figure it out can you or someone else help me to program the 396t as I am a dummy at this new radio. I have the 796 digital and it was not as difficult as this one so please can someone walk me through the set up? Thanks

scannerman796

396t bc

W5JSS Thankyou for responding to my call for help. I do have the manual but cant seem to figure it out. Could you or anyone else walk me through the set up of this damn radio. I have the 796 digital and did not find it as difficult as this one to set up. So anyone that can help please before I throw it lol
Thanks

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
scannerman796 said:
W5JSS Thankyou for responding to my call for help. I do have the manual but cant seem to figure it out. Could you or anyone else walk me through the set up of this damn radio. I have the 796 digital and did not find it as difficult as this one to set up. So anyone that can help please before I throw it lol
Thanks
It really is easier with software (the Uniden software is free).

Try this condensed and simplified manual for help.

Also look at this looong thread from over a year ago; you're not the first to have a few problems at first getting used to the 396 & dynamic memory.

Also read this on programming the dynamic memory. It's different than the banks you're used to, but once you get the hang of it, it's much more flexible.

You'll get more specific Uniden help in the Uniden forum (more people will see the post). If you have downloaded software, then somebody here in the area may have a file already made for the system(s) that interest you. I'm a bit too far out of range for that!.

hankv

scannerman796 said:
I do have the manual but I still cant figure it out can you or someone else help me to program the 396t as I am a dummy at this new radio.

When I first got my 396, I found the manual was useless. Uniden's UASD Software helped me to see how all the pieces of the puzzle fit in to make the complete picture. Now I can understand what the Manual is talking about.

If you think of a system as a User configurable Bank that might help. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.