New to this, Mississauga/Peel stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullfrog33

I got out my dads old scanner, its a realistic pro 43, I have only found in the last day only one good place to lisen to its 866.5875. ( I dont know if im saying it right) Its got police and Fire on it, I wanted to know if anyone could post for me the 11 div peel police and any fire they know, or anything I could get being in 11 div, Im near oakville so could I allso hear anything from there too? Please let me know, and thank you for your time to help me, I just started this on Friday but its realy cool what I have heard so far, but dont know a thing, I've kinda lucked out so far in finding that one channel,

Allso is there any web sites to help me learn anything and everything about radios and scanners, I hope to make this a hobby but havent realy found much so far, but again I just started so I got a long way to go, again thanks for any help

This is what scanner I have if you want to know or care, its not much but its a start:

http://www.rigpix.com/rs-realistic/realistic_pro43.htm

pathalogical

If you want to listen to Peel, Toronto and York and Halton region police, you will need a trunk tracking scanner. For OPP, you will need a digital scanner. Trying to listen on your Pro 43 will not allow you to properly track the conversation and will sound scattered throughout many frequencies that these systems utilize. Your 43 is quite the workhorse when it comes to listening to airport/pilots landing and arriving. Don't discard your 43, they are hard to come by and sought out by military enthusiasts because of the 225-400 MHz capabilities. For police listening, try the Uniden bc246t, 330 or bct15 for digital the 396 or the 996. Radio Shack (US) the Pro 97 or digital Pro 96. Hope I got all the model names right. Have a look in the Database and you will see how the police systems are organzied into Talkgroups. Hope this helps and welcome to RR.

bullfrog33

Thanks

I hate to sound dumb but realy starting here I guess I am a little, If I wanted to get these scanners, what stores in the GTA would sell this, and what prices would they start at, I see your from Toronto so maybe you could tell me a few stores and or web sites that I could talk to someone about buying something for this, I dont have tons of money but I wanted just something to start off with, im not looking for much but dont know what to look for, again I just want the radio on so I can hear the calls, for the little bit I have done this Saturday night theres been alot to hear but your right about it cutting out alot, I didnt know why till now, and it now makes me feel Im missing alot, allso what are any good airport or aircraft frequencies, I live near the airport here in mississauga so it would be cool to hear that stuff, again I've looked around but havent been realy able to find much, I think mostly since I dont know what to look for, again thanks for the help, it means alot!,

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
It would be cheaper for you to buy from the states NEW or if you like buy a used one from this site. I have yet to buy a new one, and alot of time you will get a great radio at a cheap price.. Durham radio and Radio world are the 2 main ones here in the GTA area but are over priced.... IMHO

pathalogical

Try these,
118.350 tower
118.700 tower
121.900 ground south
121.650 ground north
128.800 departure
132.800 arrival

Sounds like you live close enough to the airport, so you should be able to hear both sides of the conversation. Have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.