Toronto Scanner Feeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Does anyone know of any Toronto scanner feeds? I see this one (tdotscan.dyndns.org) listed at the EasyStream site but I've never been able to connect to it. Might be nice to listen to some of the Toronto fire Hotshots I keep getting!

Jammin_Jay

Theres also one that does Hamilton/ Niagara / Opp and for some reason it had Buffalo, NY Police Active on it as well as Kitchener , This guy had a lot, but either the feed was changed or cut off altogether, legality problems? Who knows. Perhaps the operator was doing some testing.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
There is one for the Hamilton Region with PD/FD, however it's been requested to stay private. Perhaps that streamer will contact you offlist.

As far as I can tell it's only PD/FD I haven't heard any OPP on it at all. Or anything from across the border.

There is a Buffalo and Niagara area one online also, it too is on the IBN Teamspeak server

Jammin_Jay said:
Theres also one that does Hamilton/ Niagara / Opp and for some reason it had Buffalo, NY Police Active on it as well as Kitchener , This guy had a lot, but either the feed was changed or cut off altogether, legality problems? Who knows. Perhaps the operator was doing some testing.

Jammin_Jay

I used to listen to the Buffalo/kitchener/hamilton stream, then all of a sudden it disappeared. Anyhow, I agree with u there, that some streams should be kept private or not advertised, due to any agency making complaints to local law enforcement about there transmissions being broadcast over the internet, and i am sure those who have read previous threads, no what i am referring to. Its nice to have the service on there, but then again as some streams disappear, others pop up like popcorn. Its like a revolving cycle in some cases.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I find it real hard to listen to this feed.
So much is going on and once, so much action in Toronto.
It would be great to have separate EMS, FDP and Pd feeds.

Great sound though :)

E

tomandnic

EJB said:
I find it real hard to listen to this feed.
So much is going on and once, so much action in Toronto.
E

I totally agree. The feed is a great one but you miss too much of the action beacause it seems to be in "id search mode" and stops on every active channel.

N

nec208

There is more feeds in the US than Canada it may be a legal thing .And there use to be some Miami police feeds I cannot find it now.

Well most police don't like scanner users now you got feeds on the internet it just ripe for them to go encrypted or use the MDT to dispatch most calls.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I don't believe there is one for the Toronto region. I believed they're all scared to and it's gonna push them to go to an Encrypted system even sooner than they're already getting set for a digital system.

tusker305

Ask and you shall recieve.
Live Toronto Fire Service Radio Feed: G.T.M.A.A. Click in the "Live TFS Audio" link at the bottom. Opens in WMP.

The GTMAA has given me permission to share this with you all. ENJOY

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.