Peel Region: Unitrunker Vs RR Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

phyberoptics

Premium Subscriber
The RR Database shows 20 frequencies used by the Peel Region system.
The IC Database shows 21 frequencies in the range licensed to the Region of Peel.
Unitrunker shows only 15 frequencies in use on the system.

Does that mean the other 6 are simplex frequencies, or perhaps link frequencies?

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
The list on Radio Reference is 100% correct.

Keep in mind that frequencies licensed for Public Safety are often "protected" which means the IC database won't show them. It's possible that some could be listed and some might not be - I wouldn't rely on the IC database to be an accurate representation of what they have.

Also keep in mind that UniTrunker will only show voice frequencies that it's seen in use...the other 5 are obviously low-traffic or reserved channels. Example: Alternate Control Channels (Peel has 3 of them) are protected in the controller as "reserved", meaning that they're assigned as an "if absolutely necessary" basis and are only assigned for voice if every other voice channel is tied up...It's pretty rare to see these pop up and used as voice channels.

I've run Trunk88 on the Peel system, and I've manged to log all available voice channels (as indicated by system busy rejections) and I can tell you that the RR list is correct.

phyberoptics

Premium Subscriber
I suspected that the RR was correct, everyone who contributes here does an incredible job.

All of the frequencies are in the Tafl, and there are a couple of additional ones which someone has pointed out in another of my threads that it is a simplex frequency.

I'm quite surprised that I haven't logged all the frequencies on Unitrunker, it's been monitoring the system for quite some time.

Oh well, thanks for the info, you are also a great contributer to the forums, and have lots of bang-on advice.

Have a great weekend.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
I'm unfortunatly working the N/A shift this weekend so it won't be all that good...

The Peel system has a lot of channel capacity so it would take awhile to get every voice channel. I'm not sure how long it took me on the Peel system, but the York one for example, took well over a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.