Maxtel Wireless MPT-1327 Standard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Info for any one who is interested !

I have been monitoring the Maxtell Wireless System for a couple of days to see if there are any changes, This is what I have captured so far.
420.0625 Niagara Falls Fire
420.1500 Niagara Falls Fire
420.2625 Customs
420.2750 Niagara Falls Fire, Customs, Chair-aVan
420.4500 Niagara Falls Fire
420.4625 Customs
420.5000 Niagara Falls Fire
420.5750 Niagara Falls Fire, Chair-aVan
420.6750 Niagara Falls Fire
420.7750 Customs
420.8750 Niagara Falls Fire, Customs
943.5750 Customs
943.6250 Niagara Falls Fire
943.6750 Niagara Falls Fire, Customs
Also was listening to the Maxtel Techs working on the system, they are doing some work on the Fort Erie Site and the Radios, Also the Caledonia Site and Radios,.
Also the Maxtel Techs will be working on the Niagara Falls Fire system tomorrow.
Steve

mciupa

Canadian DB Admin
Delete - pushed Back button by accident.:roll:

Last edited:

mciupa

Canadian DB Admin
Much appreciated Steve.:)
You've listed some freq's that I have missed. :cool:

One thing I notice is that I will hear, let's say, a fire call weakly on the 420.275 , a little better on the 420.575 freq and the same call even clearer on 420.875 .

I get good reception of this system up here in Toronto.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
re-Maxtel Wireless

mciupa said:

:cool:
Boy thats something mciupa you can pick this system up in Toronto, I'm in Fort Erie and thought that it was time to monitor this system more closely to see if there are any changes, I was surprised to finally hear traffic on the 900.xxxx frequencies.
I'll post any other changes I hear on this thread.
Steve

Saint

Premium Subscriber
re-reception

mciupa said:

One thing I notice is that I will hear, let's say, a fire call weakly on the 420.275 , a little better on the 420.575 freq and the same call even clearer on 420.875 .

:wink:
It's the same thing hear, it's a weird system to listen to in conventional mode, that's why it's best to put in all the frequencies just in case you can't get good reception on one frequency you will probably be able to hear the transmission on one of the other frequencies.
Steve

When I'm down in Niagara can I use a conventional scanner or should I use a T3040 MPT-1327 Ht to monitor the Maxtel system ?

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Re-Maxtel

125 said:
When I'm down in Niagara can I use a conventional scanner or should I use a T3040 MPT-1327 Ht to monitor the Maxtel system ?

If you have a conventional scanner then you put in the frequencies and then lock out the control channels, this is the ony way to monitor a MPT-1327 system with a scanner, I can't tell you about the other radio, I never herd of it.
Steve

Thanks for the info the T3040 II is a Tait MPT-1327 Trunking Ht (Same Ht as customs use). So I guess that I will use my scanner it seems easier than figuring out the software for the Ht's ( I got lost on the startup page because I am computer challanged I turn on the computer and it challanges Me ! ).

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Well, programming an MPT1327 system radio isn't difficult at all (it's arguably easier than programming a scanner).

The problem is that you need a Network File which contains specific parameters for the system in question (such as control channels, etc...). MPT radios don't require affiliation to monitor a system, and you can completly disable the radio from trying to transmit to the system.

You also need to know what Call Groups (MPT version of talkgroups) you want to listen to.

Generally speaking, you're best off scanning them conventionally :)

You are right a scanner is easier I only have MPT data for customs Ft Erie. I guess that I will just throw these things on flea-bay one day when I get the time I have been wondering for a year what to do with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.