RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > The RadioReference Tavern > Everything else

Everything else Wow, you made it this far and still not sure? Oh well, post it here anyway

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-24-2011, 1:37 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Rangers & Hypnosis

Here is an interesting link regarding hypnosis and LE.

Forensic Hypnosis Certification Training | LinkedIn

Old 04-24-2011, 1:39 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Rangers, LE, and Hypnosis

I never knew about the prevalence of hypnosis in LE. Interesting.

College of Criminal Justice
Old 04-24-2011, 1:47 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Hypnosis & Cold Case Leads

There is a wealth of information on this topic. I am happy to have found this information.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...ker&id=7200771
Old 04-24-2011, 2:41 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Lust, Violence, & Religion, Waco's Criminal History & Need for Rangers

Well, it is out to the bookstore for this reader. I did not know Waco had such a rich history: a) Texas Rangers; b) Legal Prostitutes; c) Baylor University; & d) Dr. Pepper.

Amazon.com: Lust, Violence, Religion: Life in Historic Waco (9781934302699): Bradley T. Turner: Books
Old 04-24-2011, 2:57 PM

Location: RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the SAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensnared View Post
Well, you lost me on that one. Why would someone need their lawyer?
I was under the assumption that hypnosis was used as part of interrogation.

Sponsored links
Old 04-24-2011, 3:29 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Eyewitnesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by poltergeisty View Post
I was under the assumption that hypnosis was used as part of interrogation.
Since I've posted this thread, I have learned quite a bit about this LE topic. Although I can understand the usefulness of such, I have always been taught this type of testimony was not admissible in court; however, if you read some of the information on these latter pages, it specifically talks about such. This is news to me. From what I understood, the Texas Ranger I spoke of used hypnosis to recover eyewitness information from a crime scene such as license plate recognition.

I was very surprised to see the extremely limited amount of training many receive in hypnosis in comparison to the mental health field. For some, this training is exhaustive and extensive.

Furthermore, one must practice these techniques to be efficient & effective. I am really out of practice. Still, I find this subject quite fascinating.

Thanks for your comments.

DWW
Old 04-25-2011, 2:46 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Location: Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the skeeters.
Default Ensnared, I for one find your post

interesting. You add a little history of Waco in and that makes for further good reading. Anyway, hypnosis is interesting; I've heard that one will not do something under trance that they wouldn't do otherwise. But I've often wondered if given a stimuli of deceptive thoughts, would some one act contrary to their belief/faith? (i.e. the subject is told that a gunman has a gun and is trying to kill the subject, would that person under/in trance then shot another individual?) Keep posting sir, I appreciate your thoughts on this topic.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:48 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Texas Rangers & Hypnosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafdav View Post
interesting. You add a little history of Waco in and that makes for further good reading. Anyway, hypnosis is interesting; I've heard that one will not do something under trance that they wouldn't do otherwise. But I've often wondered if given a stimuli of deceptive thoughts, would some one act contrary to their belief/faith? (i.e. the subject is told that a gunman has a gun and is trying to kill the subject, would that person under/in trance then shot another individual?) Keep posting sir, I appreciate your thoughts on this topic.
Thanks for you positive response. Like I have indicated, I am very interested in this subject. But, I have much to learn on the subject of hypnosis. One of the most interesting types of induction I have used on others is that of the "confusion." This is somewhat difficult to engage. The person inducing trance purposefully overloads the conscious mind. This method works well with anxious subjects. Once the conscious mind gives up, you have better access to the unconscious.

You example about the gun is very interesting. From what I understand, it depends on several conditions and situations. This gets pretty complicated. But, I believe the person can be tricked by semantics into prohibitive behavior. I believe this is addressed in the following PDF starting on page 180.

http://voltairenet.org/IMG/pdf/Bider...ehaviour-2.pdf

Yes, I included the information about Waco to provide environmental context as to how the Texas Rangers evolved.

Again, thanks for you positive feedback. I know my views are a bit unconventional.
Old 04-30-2011, 1:05 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Location: Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the skeeters.
Default Your last statement is good!

"I know my views are a bit unconventional." I think you'll find most gadgets and works of art became reality because the author/inventor was a "...bit unconventional."!!
The book you post is somewhat dated, but that was about the year I started reading about hypnosis, (my junior year in HS).
Thanks for pointing me to page 180. The fact that the lady became conscious after being given stimuli to disrobe was interesting. She play/acted of killing other humans, but her taking off her clothing was appalling and brought her out of the trance.
So I believe, given the right stimuli and carefull guidance, will you know where I'm going with that...lol
By all means, keep us posted in your pursuit of hyponis. I'm sure there's others who would like to know more.
You and the rest of RR members have a good night.
Sponsored links
Old 04-30-2011, 11:25 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Dated Article

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafdav View Post
"I know my views are a bit unconventional." I think you'll find most gadgets and works of art became reality because the author/inventor was a "...bit unconventional."!!
The book you post is somewhat dated, but that was about the year I started reading about hypnosis, (my junior year in HS).
Thanks for pointing me to page 180. The fact that the lady became conscious after being given stimuli to disrobe was interesting. She play/acted of killing other humans, but her taking off her clothing was appalling and brought her out of the trance.
So I believe, given the right stimuli and carefull guidance, will you know where I'm going with that...lol
By all means, keep us posted in your pursuit of hyponis. I'm sure there's others who would like to know more.
You and the rest of RR members have a good night.
Well, the reason I posted such an old article centered around the argument as to whether people do things against their will under hypnosis. It was more of a historical reference. One of the consultants used in the pursuit of an assassin was one of my mentors, Dr. Jack Tracktir. Dr.Tracktir spoke of putting Jesse Owens under hypnosis to enhance his performance. He actually knew Milton H. Erickson.

Dr. Tracktir talked about a subject being put under as a demonstration. I cannot recall if this person was his patient. However, this subject was an accountant. The post-hypnotic suggestion was that the number eight did not exist. But, the person inducing the trance forgot to reverse the post-hypnotic suggestion. Hence, the next day, she could not perform her job functions. They had to put her under hypnosis again to fix things.

In the near future, I might venture over to the Texas Ranger Museum and see if I can talk to a Ranger to gather more information about their skill level.

Thanks for your interest.

Last edited by Ensnared; 04-30-2011 at 11:27 AM.. Reason: Mistake