Encrypted comms 150 band Attn PA/NJ/NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Hello,
I have been copying encrypted P25 comms on the following repeater frequencies from the Philadelphia area recently and am trying to locate the source.

PA, NJ, NY listeners please let us know if you are hearing these and include a signal strength report.

NAC's include 206, 207, 210, 214, 218, 222

Thanks,
Dave

Last edited:

10-95

The 149 Mhz stuff falls in an area typically used by the National Guard and CAP. The 150 stuff, well , that's just strange , but maybe some sort of State Police usage.

10-95

Another possible source, maybe some sort of skip from north of the border..

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
All,

I am also hearing these frequencies. Some have been active non-stop since approx. Labor Day.

I am located in South Jersey.

They are all encrypted and have not heard a single clear tx. The direction appears to be from the N or NE from my location.

Since these freqs were first discovered around Labor day and they have been very active since then, it could be related to DHS/FEMA for Hurricane Gustov. This may be the national DHS network.

We need to know were everyone is receiving these channels.

10-95

All,

I am also hearing these frequencies. Some have been active non-stop since approx. Labor Day.

I am located in South Jersey.

They are all encrypted and have not heard a single clear tx. The direction appears to be from the N or NE from my location.

Since these freqs were first discovered around Labor day and they have been very active since then, it could be related to DHS/FEMA for Hurricane Gustov. This may be the national DHS network.

We need to know were everyone is receiving these channels.

I'm in N.C., and we have Hanna heading our way. I'm gonna toss these in a radio tonight and see if I here them here as well. Very interesting, there are enough frequencys here for it to be some type of trunking system. Anyone catching any data on these?

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Hello,
A number of us (over a wide geographic area) searched high and low for a data channel but none could be found. I don't know for sure but would there be a NAC associated with a channel on a VHF trunking system?

I believe we exhausted that possibility.

We have also 95% eliminated the possibility of it skipping in from the Baltimore / DC region.

Let's see if it fires up at the same rate it did last week when these next storms affect us.

Dave

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
I have had frequencies in that range "come alive" and then disappear while a Navy ship was dock.

Signal500

Last edited:

ecps92

Yes the Bradley was UHF Only during Boston visits.

The Naval ships visiting Boston have been in 406-420, 380-400 and 454-458 Mhz Only.
Altho do not rule out Foreign Naval Ships. I checked my favorite site http://www.seawaves.com/navcall.htm
with nothing obvious

I've not heard anything into Boston on those posted frequencies, even
with the Band Openings last week into the weekend [470 Mhz from NJ]

Might it be from Canada?

USS Bradley has a Motorola Type II system:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=5546

Status
Not open for further replies.