USSS during candidates visit to Ground Zero

Status
Not open for further replies.

daparker_nyc

I work a few blocks from Ground Zero in NYC and have been monitoring the US Secret Service frequencies during this afternoon's visit by Obama and McCain. The following frequencies were in use, all P25:
165.79 USSS Bravo in the clear
167.015 both encrypted and in the clear
164.4 USSS Papa only encrypted
165.375 USSS Charlie both encrypted and in the clear

The comms I heard on Charlie were mostly transmissions by Ground Zero Security Room to various SS posts. For the most part, I heard none of the responses on that frequency.

Both "Renegade" (Obama) and "Phoenix" (McCain) were referenced from time to time.

Stavro35

Is P25 used exclusively now? I seem to recall hearing activity on some of the frequencies above in the 80's when George H.W. Bush would come to coastal Georgia.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
It is all P25 now, Baker is very active at this moment, all encrypted.

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
I work a few blocks from Ground Zero in NYC and have been monitoring the US Secret Service frequencies during this afternoon's visit by Obama and McCain. The following frequencies were in use, all P25:
165.79 USSS Bravo in the clear
167.015 both encrypted and in the clear
164.4 USSS Papa only encrypted
165.375 USSS Charlie both encrypted and in the clear

The comms I heard on Charlie were mostly transmissions by Ground Zero Security Room to various SS posts. For the most part, I heard none of the responses on that frequency.

Both "Renegade" (Obama) and "Phoenix" (McCain) were referenced from time to time.

You will most likely not hear responses from "post standers" unless close to them, as they operate in simplex 99.9% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.