FBI Unit Designators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilligan

Database Admin
I've been hearing "X-Ray" units on one of the local FBI repeaters. Does anyone have a list of FBI unit designations or callsigns? I'm curious as to what kind of FBI agents these might be. They would say something like "X-Ray 3 to 4".

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
The only X-Ray units I have heard are US Customs aircraft. My local FBI are 100, 500 and 700 unit numbers.

kd7kdc

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
FBI Siera Units

About 6 years ago there was some Border Patrol units operating on one of the local FBI repeaters
using Siera call signs. I confirmed this with a call to the Border Patrol dispatcher who said that the
Border Patrol works with FBI quite a bit.

Steve

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
About 6 years ago there was some Border Patrol units operating on one of the local FBI repeaters
using Siera call signs. I confirmed this with a call to the Border Patrol dispatcher who said that the
Border Patrol works with FBI quite a bit.

Steve

Might explain why I heard Sierra 19 here in San Antonio on the FBI Field Ops channel recently...

Gilligan

Database Admin
I just made a post to the Oklahoma forum regarding FBI freqs in use in the state. You might take a look at it because it's a good example of an actual FBI network in place.

commstar

Premium Subscriber
Drafting from Stavro's asserted identifier discipline, I wish to submit that X-ray units are FBI Radiologists.

They keep saying 'Goathead!' to one another on the radio around these parts....wonder what it all means.

Strange thing, everyone around here is saying 'Goathead!' to one another- cops, medics, firemen- must be some new fed mandated code or something.....

RESCUE4NFD

When I was a Paramedic in Va. in the late 70's and 80's is was a inside joke in both the Police and Fire Depts. to say "Goathead" instead of "Go Ahead"...

Status
Not open for further replies.