Fbi !?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VPD24193

I don't want to add all the FBI ferquencies. Can anyone tell me which are most active but they can't be digital analog only!

brandon

Database Admin
Hello. I would recommend searching 167-168 MHz (or the entire band from 162-174 MHz) with PL 167.9 only mode and run through a logging program such as IDTracker or ProScan that can record your activity. I do this in SoCal to find some unlisted FBI freqs. The most active freq will differ for each area. Good luck.

ecps92

Actually search 163-174 at 12.5 Khz, looking for 167.9 Hz CTCSS Tones.

Altho for years [70's - 90's] much of the FBI was confined to 167.1250 - 167.7875
there are multiple additional allocations you will find.

Hello. I would recommend searching 167-168 MHz (or the entire band from 162-174 MHz) with PL 167.9 only mode and run through a logging program such as IDTracker or ProScan that can record your activity. I do this in SoCal to find some unlisted FBI freqs. The most active freq will differ for each area. Good luck.

TXEMT

Most of the times they are encrypted and p25 sometimes you may get a radio check or one side of a conversation in analog for a bit but that is about it..At least here in San Antonio. Oh here the use 170.900 for there primary repeater from what i have made out so try looking the the 170 range to

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Let me tell you something Bunky, sorting out the FBI requires patience, a LOT of patience. Before the internet a couple of friends and I spent years logging transmissions on the 167MHz band and sorting out the who's who of it all. Finding the frequencies is only half the battle, figuring out the channel codes, substation designators and unit identifiers is the other half. Now you have "instant" shared information on frequencies but still with the other stuff you're on your own.

I don't know if they use nicknames anymore like they did in the 70s and 80s, pretty cute some of them. Being a kid with some big ones once in a while I'd have a little fun with them on stakeouts. I remember one good laugh when I found where one was hiding and drove past, when I waved and shouted "Hi Rhino!" the look on his face could have stopped a clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.