167.3125 Fbi Indianapolis Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9NES

,Wanted to post the frequency of 167.3125 being used Indianapolis,Indiana as a Repeater.Have heard all types of radio traffic.Running License Plates.Have also heard Testing 12345.We have also heard what sounds like a car door opening and the ding-dong alarm going off.Most of the traffic is in analog but we have also heard them testing P-25.For those of you that might be coming to Indianapolis I will be posting other frequencies that I have found in the 406-420 Mhz area.Thanks for the infomation on the FBI frequencies being used in Washington DC area as I have programed those into my 996T as well here in Indianapolis,Indiana area to see if I hear any radio traffic.I will be glad to share all my frequencies with all the members who need to know this infomation.Thank You, Tim DeLong W9NES

SOFA_KING

That is cool, Tim. You bagged your first fed freq. I bagged my first around '77 or so with my first synth scanner, the Regency Touch ACT-T16K. It could search but was very slow. You had to do 1 MHz at a time or you did not have much chance of getting anything. My first freq was 165.2375 (165.240 rounded up on the old scanner). Still in use even today! At that time the 163 range was hot. Also 165 and some 167. It was all "in the clear" until the early 80's when the B of I got inversion scramblers. I ordered a de-inverter from Grove and was right back on em! Haha! Then came the DVP. :( But that was often more trouble then it was worth, so back in the clear. :)

A friend gave me this list from RCMA that was dead nuts on! I had nearly everything, but things keep changing on the G bands, so you have to keep up with it all of the time. Now with P25 everything is changing. It's almost like starting over. Good time to be in this hobby.

You will get many more freqs if you keep searching. Get a scanner that reads NACs. It will help a lot. ;)

Phil :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.