Federal Frquencies in Massachusetts

Status
Not open for further replies.

joekehoe

Premium Subscriber
Can anybody help me with the federal law enforcement rqdio frequencies in Massachusetts ie FBI, DEA, ATF,US Marshall and Postal Inspectors. Thank you

W6KRU

This page in the wiki would be your best bet for getting started. Then you could post on the Mass. forum for more specific local info.

ecps92

Yes the Wiki is a good place to start, but many freq's have been changed around and are not always active.

Down the Cape, good luck, sorry. Even the die-hard Federal [Non Mil] monitors cry for activity or to hear what we on the Mainland Hear.

Why I tend to recommend to folks just begining is to SEARCH the following bands
for a few weeks and see what you hear first.

138-144 Mhz [12.5 Khz Splits] 148-150.8 Mhz [12.5 Khz Splits]
162-174 Mhz [12.5 Khz Splits] and finally 406-420 Mhz [12.5 Khz Splits]

All FM

The 138-151 you might [hint hint hint] concentrate at 8pm nightly and Sunday 8a-11a for various NETS [CG AUX, MARS etc] The others will vary depending on your Antenna situation.

Federal Monitoring is still a close-to-the-vest target and not everyone will openly share the secrets.

Take a try at the above and post back.
Also, take a gander over at ScanNewEngland

Can anybody help me with the federal law enforcement rqdio frequencies in Massachusetts ie FBI, DEA, ATF,US Marshall and Postal Inspectors. Thank you

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
164.525 - NAC 555 - I caught a little traffic on Thursday - I think it is Minuteman National Historic Park.

166.875R is fairly active from Lowell National Historic Park.

Surveillance ops are sometimes heard in the 167 Mhz range.

I suspect that many of the federal law enforcement agencies make extensive use of NEXTEL in eastern Massachusetts.

163.70 ish has had a couple of channels with surveillance recently - loud repeaters that seemed to come out of nowhere.

Peter Sz

Status
Not open for further replies.