NTIA Redbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOFA_KING

I checked out key sections of it...like the special freqs I never hear anything on and the "hydrological" freqs that IMO should be in some other band as they waste space. You need an FOIA request to try and get any jucie stuff.

Phil :cool:

ecps92

Phil you might be suprised what you can find, with some web searches.

IFLOWS [the Hydrological] shares with some very important agencies and when
you compare the IFLOWS lists, you just might find the REPEATER Locations for
some of your day-to-day P25 $301 traffic.

Try here. Enjoy :)

I checked out key sections of it...like the special freqs I never hear anything on and the "hydrological" freqs that IMO should be in some other band as they waste space. You need an FOIA request to try and get any jucie stuff.

SOFA_KING

HINT:

Search for EMS to filter the data and show "the good stuff"!

Good news and bad news. I had all "the good stuff" already. Even that FB in NY was found and entered into my database when I lived up there. There was only one freq that I never knew about on UHF listed for location "US". ;) Now what the heck do they need a US wide radio channel on UHF for? :confused:

Perhaps the most interesting thing to see was where all the TX locations were. Data like that is eye opening!

D

DaveNF2G

"Nationwide" does not mean that a particular transmitter covers the whole country. It means that the licensee is authorized to use the frequency anywhere in the country.

ecps92

And from my Past Practice, there are still some locations that a Nationwide would not be allowed :) Everytime a new Unit visits a Base [Angels, T-Birds etc] they coordinate all their frequencies with the Base Freq Coordinator.

Some channels just then don't get used. Hopefully all this re-banding in the 406-420 will fix some of those issues.

"Nationwide" does not mean that a particular transmitter covers the whole country. It means that the licensee is authorized to use the frequency anywhere in the country.

SOFA_KING

I know what nationwide means, but the real question is why on UHF when the heart of the agency system is on VHF? What would they need it for? Why buy UHF radios??? Vehical repeaters? Links? I just found it to be odd.

ecps92

Too keep those Pesky Scannists guess'n :twisted:

Look at the FBI, for years they used VHF for the Two-way [Portable/Mobile/Base] and used UHF as a Link [instead of Phone lines and/or Microwave]

I know what nationwide means, but the real question is why on UHF when the heart of the agency system is on VHF? What would they need it for? Why buy UHF radios??? Vehical repeaters? Links? I just found it to be odd.

SOFA_KING

Too keep those Pesky Scannists guess'n :twisted:

Look at the FBI, for years they used VHF for the Two-way [Portable/Mobile/Base] and used UHF as a Link [instead of Phone lines and/or Microwave]

I remember those days! Good listening to those links!

Status
Not open for further replies.