federal nac code of 005??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what federal agency uses this code? I searched the conventional p25 frequencies and none matched. The frequency was in the 165.300 area. I thought cbp uses it but unless its new,I dont see it listed.

SOFA_KING

Does anyone know what federal agency uses this code? I searched the conventional p25 frequencies and none matched. The frequency was in the 165.300 area. I thought cbp uses it but unless its new,I dont see it listed.

165.300 area? Can you provide a solid frequency?

If it is what I think it might be, it could be the IRS. Give me more to work with.

Phil :cool:

SOFA_KING

Oh yes, well known ICE freq used for many years along with others in that section of the band. Interesting use of NAC codes. These guys are VERY loose on standards. No national plan that I can see. Just some original group of channels that goes back years, and then the hundreds of additional repeater channels they add to it. Why so many repeaters? They just jam more and more repeaters on whatever frequencies they can get, and then stick whatever PL or NAC that comes to mind. No logic...little reuse...no conservation! Total spectrum hogs!!! That is the way it looks to me. The whole operation is a disgrace. Even the dispatchers' sound like crap with their "power mic" cranked up to 10 (picking up more background noise than the voice you need to hear). At least that is how they do it here in FL. Amateur hour all the way.

I think they should do away with all that waste and go over to the CBP system or something. Then they need some training! Turn the national channels over to CBP so they can expand that system to take the extra traffic. Return the many other oddball assignments back to IRAC so someone else can use them with more efficiency. Just my .02.

Phil :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.