168.8750mhz P25?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKYNET156

Duplicate account of Tom Sherman
Banned
So i traveled down to New England this weekend from new york city, ct, and new hampshire, and while i was stationary in Ct, i was scanning the federal band and i picked up 168.8750mhz, it was P25 Clear, i couldn't pick up a nac because i had my pro 96, but it seemed to be a surveillence operation in the clear,
The staked out this bar for a while in new haven, ct,
Im not to familiar with the area as my brother in law and sister live in brandford, ct,
but after about an hour of chit chat about who could possibly be who, they took off, and one of the units said,

"i'll race you to the highway, who ever wins get a coffee"

Im not sure which agency uses that frequency, but it gave an hour or so of pretty good listening,

Any Advice would help!

ecps92

Down only works for Maine !

NAC would be $167 and it was FBI, and the New Haven or Hampden Rptr

That Freq was one of the CT Common channels back in the 167.9 Hz days

So i traveled down to New England this weekend from new york city, ct, and new hampshire, and while i was stationary in Ct, i was scanning the federal band and i picked up 168.8750mhz, it was P25 Clear, i couldn't pick up a nac because i had my pro 96, but it seemed to be a surveillence operation in the clear,
The staked out this bar for a while in new haven, ct,
Im not to familiar with the area as my brother in law and sister live in brandford, ct,
but after about an hour of chit chat about who could possibly be who, they took off, and one of the units said,

"i'll race you to the highway, who ever wins get a coffee"

Im not sure which agency uses that frequency, but it gave an hour or so of pretty good listening,

Any Advice would help!

ecps92

Atleast up here in the northern parts of New England we are finding the inputs have changed when migrating to P25 from Analog.

BTW you have the input and output reversed. 168 is the Repeater and 163 was the input in the Analog days

From a Google search, this came up: Top Secret Scanner Frequencies

Hamden, CT - WTNH Tower 5
FBI - 168.8750 input to 163.8375 repeater output. Most likely NAC will be 167

Squad10

Atleast up here in the northern parts of New England we are finding the inputs have changed when migrating to P25 from Analog.

BTW you have the input and output reversed. 168 is the Repeater and 163 was the input in the Analog days

Oops, read the notes wrong. Should have realized my error. Chicago reversed inputs and outputs years ago. majority of FBI systems here are analog.

ecps92

Up here those changes took effect in the early 80's

P25 from Analog is slow-zone by Zone in each State.
Southeastern Mass just went, Boston has been, now
waiting for Northern Mass to move from 167.9 hz

Oops, read the notes wrong. Should have realized my error. Chicago reversed inputs and outputs years ago. majority of FBI systems here are analog.

SKYNET156

Duplicate account of Tom Sherman
Banned
I heard the entire conversation on 168.875mhz, im not sure how close i was to the actual operation, but i know it was somewhere off of grand ave, i know they mentioned a place called "hell"
And i know it was a bar because they mentioned being "made" when they went inside,
i never was able to actually encounter an actual operation as it was going on, and i was highly suprised that it was fully in the clear,
they sounded like "regular joe's" they didn't use codes or anything like that, it was just plain language,
and a little bit of profanity,
I haven't come across anything here in NC, i am always searching the fed bands here with my 996, but still haven't come across anything, this fall i am going to be putting up a 30' tower and putting an antenna on it for my scanner, so i am hoping that i can pick something up around the charlotte area in the 406-430mhz - 163-174mhz are of the bands, i am also looking in 380-400mhz for anything new that will pop up,

ecps92

don't forget the 137-144 and 148-150.8 ranges too...

I haven't come across anything here in NC, i am always searching the fed bands here with my 996, but still haven't come across anything, this fall i am going to be putting up a 30' tower and putting an antenna on it for my scanner, so i am hoping that i can pick something up around the charlotte area in the 406-430mhz - 163-174mhz are of the bands, i am also looking in 380-400mhz for anything new that will pop up,

BFW577

Not to get into details but those in the New Haven area should monitor this frequency and would be surprised what you can hear. Some very interesting traffic on it right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.