Hotel unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

radionerd13669

Useless Contributor
Does anyone know what HOTEL units are.They are not any of the local units.The unit is doing radio checks about twice a week on our local system

radionerd13669

Useless Contributor
VHF Repeater system-St.Lawrene County
Sheriffs Dept
I have now heard them 3 times each time asking for radio checks Sounds like the same personn each time.Hotel 38

Squad10

Other than Hotel being a common federal phonetic for the letter H, I don't understand why you posted your question in the federal forum.

Your question may have the greatest possibility of being answered if you ask it in the appropiate Regional (state) Radio Discussions Forum.

ecps92

What makes you think they are FED's??? or might this question have been posted in the WRONG Forum ??? :confused:

VHF Repeater system-St.Lawrene County
Sheriffs Dept
I have now heard them 3 times each time asking for radio checks Sounds like the same personn each time.Hotel 38

Last edited:

radionerd13669

Useless Contributor
The reason it was posted in this forum is because its a federal agency.

They stated this is boarder patrol Hotel 38 for a radio check.I was wondering for what hotel is used for as
none of the local stations around here is that phonetic refrence

SKYNET156

Duplicate account of Tom Sherman
Banned
If you are near or around the canadian border (Which i assume you are) the CBP or ICE might check into a local sheriff's VHF System for inter-op,
They might need to call upon them in the event of a major emergency,
And because most, if not all CBP frequencies are full time encryption, im not totally sure what they units are, but i know that they do run a VHF P25 system that is full time encrypted, they usually stay around 165mhz,
I hope this helps

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Except the federal government...

The standard phonetic alphanbet is Hotel for H

radionerd13669

Useless Contributor
Yes i understand it all.Those agencies use the system all the time how ever in my area they use the following
Oscar

Mike
Whisky

The question was does anyone know who uses the phonetic in the boarder patrol HOTEL.I know it is not local to my area .

THANKS

rvictor

The reason it was posted in this forum is because its a federal agency.

They stated this is boarder patrol Hotel 38 for a radio check.I was wondering for what hotel is used for as
none of the local stations around here is that phonetic refrence
This is a great example of a question which almost answers itself once adequate information is provided. If the initial question had shared the information that "this is boarder (sic) patrol Hotel 38", the rest would have been a slam dunk.

Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo, Foxtrot, Golf, Hotel, India, Juliet, Kilo, Lima, Mike, November, Oscar, Papa, Quebec, Romeo, Sierra, Tango, Uniform, Victor, Whiskey, Xray, Yankee, Zulu is the international phonetic alphabet.

Now if it had been the boarder patrol at Motel 6, that would have been a tougher question. ;)

Dick

Last edited:

akanuaka

Border Patrol Vehicles

Border Patrol Vehicles are physically numbered with a letter and series of numbers. Generally on the fender in front of the doors.

The letters identify the vehicle type.

H tends to be windowless prisoners transport vans w/two compartments.

Not likely to correlate to radio identifiers but one never knows.

That area is served by Swanton Sector which has stations in Ogdensburg and Massena. So could be Agents from either of those towns just as likely. Theres a couple of leads- good luck!

Aloha,
Al

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
akanuaka,

Can you share where you got this information? I hear "Echo" being used, and confirmed the first letter of the P71s/Chargers around here is an "E." But, in San Antonio, we also hear "Mike" units (normally Customs lingo for a Marine Unit), but why would San Antonio deploy Marine units (or could "Mike" be a vehicle identifier as Echo and Hotel are)?

radionerd13669

Useless Contributor
I will ask in the NY forum maybe they will know

The way they are operated in northern ny is Oscar-means Ogdensurg patrol- Mike-means Massena patrol- Whisky-means Watertown Patrol.Which is why I asked if anyone was familar with what a Hotel unit was or where they were located.Maybe it was a headquarters patrol.Thanks for all the post

Status
Not open for further replies.