Status
Not open for further replies.

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
About ten months ago I monitored a surveillance on a major interstate here in NW Florida. The frequency was 162.350 analog simplex with a PL 167.9 "in the clear" of course. These guys were using profanity with every transmission. I have heard many things over the past 27 years but never with this much profanity. Have any of you monitored agents constantly using profanity during a federal surveillance? Maybe they thought they were encrypted.

Squad10

For the 35+ years I've monitored federal, I have not heard much profanity from federal law enforcement Special Agents. State, county and local task force members that use federal radio systems are more inclined to do so.

What was the nature of the surveillance? Interstate theft, drugs, bank robbery, organized crime?

MOTOROLANUT

Foul Talk

We are all Human.....Even the FBI....In any Academy setting profanity = pushups...LOL
But when you hit the streets; you become a product of your environment.
You should at least get a laugh from it...

SOFA_KING

Over the years I have heard some real bad language at times. Disgusting stuff too. Stress relief? Maybe...But it wasn't just the profanity. The actual attitude displayed was shocking. Some of these guys had a god complex. It is not always that bad, and most have some minor profanity. It's a look into their world when they are so candid about what they are doing and think no one is listening. Sometimes the sense of humor is very funny.

Not long ago I heard a guy ask another guy if he would lend him his portable. He replied with, "Not if you're going to spread your germs on it.". A few minutes later you heard coughing and hacking into the portable radio at the end of a transmission. The other guy said, "You can keep that radio". Tension breakers I would guess. Best scanner listening ever when they are so open about everything. I never hear that on local or state PD unless they are on a "Private Call". Even then it is not as casual.

Phil :cool:

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
About ten months ago I monitored a surveillance on a major interstate here in NW Florida. The frequency was 162.350 analog simplex with a PL 167.9 "in the clear" of course. These guys were using profanity with every transmission. I have heard many things over the past 27 years but never with this much profanity. Have any of you monitored agents constantly using profanity during a federal surveillance? Maybe they thought they were encrypted.

Just the other night, there were some agents following a vehicle a few miles from where I live (in south Florida). The frequency was 164.9625, PL 100.0. They followed the vehicle into a residential neighborhood, and shortly after, became lost. They were sure using lots of profanity as they tried to figure out how to get out of that neighborhood and back onto the main road. That was the only time I have ever heard anything like that on a Federal channel.

Not positive who the users were, the frequency was either simplex or possibly a repeater input.

Big_Ears

I monitored a DEA surveillance where there seemed to be some kind on animosity between one guy and his fellow agents. He seemed to be upset about the other's comment and went into a long string of four letter words and went into a rampage until the "boss" told them to "quiet up". I was suprised to hear that much friction, especially at that time.

Gilligan

Database Admin
Just the other night, there were some agents following a vehicle a few miles from where I live (in south Florida). The frequency was 164.9625, PL 100.0. They followed the vehicle into a residential neighborhood, and shortly after, became lost. They were sure using lots of profanity as they tried to figure out how to get out of that neighborhood and back onto the main road. That was the only time I have ever heard anything like that on a Federal channel.

Not positive who the users were, the frequency was either simplex or possibly a repeater input.
MT Fed Files: Search results for 164.9625 air marine Probably US Customs, especially w/ that PL tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.