News flash: Cbp s. Fl. P25 nac 301

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOFA_KING

Heads up buddy!

I just picked up two strong in-the-clear P25 transmissions on CBP TAC 21 164.9625 with NAC 301.

Maybe I have been listening to too much low band skip and did not hear changes being made down here. As of this moment I do not hear any repeaters on P25, but this is another indication the mobile units have P25. This is the very first CBP P25 in FL for me.

Anyone else get any CBP P25 down here? :confused:

Phil :cool:

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
Phil,

CBP is still all analog in the panhandle. Thanks for the info.

Signal500

Heads up buddy!

I just picked up two strong in-the-clear P25 transmissions on CBP TAC 21 164.9625 with NAC 301.

Maybe I have been listening to too much low band skip and did not hear changes being made down here. As of this moment I do not hear any repeaters on P25, but this is another indication the mobile units have P25. This is the very first CBP P25 in FL for me.

Anyone else get any CBP P25 down here? :confused:

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
CBP Tactical Team at JFK Airport uses NAC 301

NET 2 (169.45) in New York area also uses NAC 301 from time to time, but I have heard NAC 653 also.

SOFA_KING

Roger that, sig and CQ. NY is well advanced in P25. FL is slow to go. This was my first hit and very strong. Lots of air traffic on this freq, so it could have been some distance away, but the NAC matches what is being reported as the main NAC for CBP. I have a feeling mobiles are being installed first and repeaters will follow.

Sig, you might want to scan P25 on the CBP freqs up there just in case. I have a feeling NW FL is even closer to the transition than SE FL. :eek:

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Roger that, sig and CQ. NY is well advanced in P25. FL is slow to go. This was my first hit and very strong. Lots of air traffic on this freq, so it could have been some distance away, but the NAC matches what is being reported as the main NAC for CBP. I have a feeling mobiles are being installed first and repeaters will follow.

Just keep in mind that if you hear just the helicopter and not the mobiles/portables on ground, you may very well be hearing just the repeater input frequency.

Similarly the federal interop frequencies (ones with NAC 653) are wide area systems, sometimes I hear both the unit and comm desk, sometimes just the comm desk.

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
Sig, you might want to scan P25 on the CBP freqs up there just in case. I have a feeling NW FL is even closer to the transition than SE FL. :eek:

Will do. I search the bands everyday in every mode. Just the usual 165.2375, 164.775, 169.450 CBP analog stuff around here. If anything changes, I will let you know.

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
I would not count on monitoring any P25 CBP repeaters in South Florida for a while. Moto Spectra A3's and Sabers are still in use down here. I don't think they want to switch to P25 until everyone has P25 capability. However, P25 on simplex is a whole different story. I had heard the CBP aviation was going to change the Tac21 to digital. I will monitor that mode now. Thanks SOFA_KING.

SOFA_KING

I would not count on monitoring any P25 CBP repeaters in South Florida for a while. Moto Spectra A3's and Sabers are still in use down here. I don't think they want to switch to P25 until everyone has P25 capability. However, P25 on simplex is a whole different story. I had heard the CBP aviation was going to change the Tac21 to digital. I will monitor that mode now. Thanks SOFA_KING.

Ah HA! :eek:

Good info! Thanks, Joe. Happy listening!

Status
Not open for further replies.