Canadian accent talking about various trucking related things and
every 4-5 words there was the F word or a derivative, this went on
for about a half hour while they commuted through the Spokane
area possibly en-route to Portland OR.

Steve

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Yeah,that's unfortunate. Hopefully these boneheads will get caught! We've had a few that use the vhf marine channels. On one occasion the uscg post in keokuk ia. responded,causing them to dissappear!
N9ZAS.

WyoWabbit

This also happens all the time along I-25 in Wyoming to Colorado. Too bad we don't have an agency that investigates such incidents!!!

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
You should hear the vulgar I hear on the CB Radio up here in Canada. When the conditions are right, I can definitely tell that they're Americans!! ;)

Sheeshh....

This stuff happens all the time, regardless of which band anyone hears anything on.

SOFA_KING

Breaking the law, breaking the law... :D

Where is the FCC? What happened to them?

Must be those "Ice Road Truckers". :lol:

Every other word out of their mouth is BEEP @#$%# BEEPING thing. Especially the Canadian drivers! ;)

Phil :cool:

commstar

Premium Subscriber
Hearing that all the FCC marked units are in the shop getting updated paint themes so no car stops this week.

There are several groups of Canadian Truckers who regularly pass thru the Spokane area who do this.

Notwithstanding the fact that no fed agency uses 164.7000 here (that i have heard- USFS Lolo Mt uses it as an repeater input w/ a different tone), I find them somewhat colorful & entertaining despite their unlicensed status here in the states.

Chances are they don't even know the technical offense they are committing -just like the US truckers who use their company radios similarly in Canada.

What did the FCC say when this was reported?

OHIOSCAN

As Oppossed to our fine speaking US drivers. (gr)

Try monitoring some of the fishermen on HF or barge traffic on the Miss. WOW

Mike

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
What may be happening is that the freq in question is possibly an unlicensed channel in Canada, so they didn't have a clue. With tone on, they won't hear anyone else compalining. If the feds are using that channel in P25, they won't hear anything, either.

If you want the hear people yaking away without problems, go to the mid west and scan the Marine band.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Could care less

I can't comment on trucker activity in the US. But this is an example of truckers in Canada knowing nothing about radio spectrums. They have some electronics company program a TAD radio or a modified amateur radio with up to a 1000 channels. A lot do not even display the frequency. They have no idea that a frequency in British Columbia may be used by Public Service in another area of BC, Canada or the US. Not a lot of them use tones, only the truly licensed ones will. And yes, this is why CB radio died because of the vulgar language. It may just show the true mentallity of truckers. Not all are bad, but 80% of them are. This is not a case of the minority runining it for the majority. It is the majority that are interfering, swearing, etc.. I even heard a BC trucker complaining that a Public Service department in Washington State requested him to move from a frequency. He said as he was in Canada, they could: you know what I mean. It is too bad that electronic companies are allowed to load thousands of frequencies into their radios knowing full well they can transmit on all of them. It has been a problem Industry Canada has been trying to deal with since TAD radios became general use. And one day, this activity is going to cost a life if it hasn't already.

10-95

I think vulgarity is a staple of CB radio operations. If I turned on channel 19 and heard a normal conversation I'd be turning off the channel real quick. it's kind of like reality TV, I want it to be sensationalized! Breaker-Breaker good buddies! Maybe someone should pop in on the frequency and
let the vulgar canadian bacons that it ain't there channel!

SOFA_KING

It must be really slow here when all we have to talk about is truck drivers. :lol:

Well I have been P25 searching during some great band conditions and I'm getting nothing new. Time to go back to scanning!

JLM7424

It must be really slow here when all we have to talk about is truck drivers. :lol:

Hey I resemble that remark LOL I Do drive a truck but generally stay Off the radio i have a moded ranger that sounds awsome but sits at home in a box and i use a cobra 29 for basic road info,

I,am usaully listening to my Uniden 396t or my yupiteru 7100 going into a vhf-uhf base ant on the back of the cab searching out Mil Air . The Ranger sits at home because i lost all interest in listning to or talking on it due to all the Idiots on the CB Radio's just a bunch of Mic jockeys that wanna be radio Rambo's and Some of them Are Base Stations too , its NOT all truckers but theirs are alot of really stupids truckers out here i like to think i,am not one of them.

I drive a Truck Because it Puts $59,000 a year In the Books
For My family to live on and yet make it home every 6 days for some family time and a little radio time.
73's Matt

Last edited:

SOFA_KING

Nothing wrong with that, Matt. God bless ya. I listened to some 27 MHz on my recent DE trip. I had to lock it out or I would not hear anything federal. One guy had to repeat his story of getting a speeding ticket more than 3 times...to the same person! :roll:

On the fed bands I hear the Bahamas and Cuba from time to time, but no bootleggers yet. Years ago in the Catskills of NY I heard some strange stuff on 170.700 with bratty kids and some family talk. Not an image as I confirmed it on different receivers. No PL or anything. This was in the early 90's. It is a prime DOJ pool freq. Who knows?...maybe it was legit. Strange stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.