More New Comms in Northern Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioprescott

Premium Subscriber
Listening to traffic on 171.1875 NAC 710 P25 clear and ECN.

Very strong sig on my 396 (and the 895 that I use to decode NAC, for what its worth) makes me suspect a Mingus Mtn (Yavapai County, AZ) repeater. Also get possible hits on 170.3375 and 172.2375 at the same time in P25, but not able to decode.

Sounds like CBP: Bravo 206, Bravo 207 in the clear in the field calling 850 Robert encrypted - using 10 codes similar to CBP ("10-50, 10-51, 10-52, on one" "10-3 that")

Field units on a traffic stop "on I-40 west of Broadway exit" Running status checks on hispanic surnames by control number and mother's last name.

Only I-40/Broadway anywhere near me is Needles, CA. Maybe this is part of a wide area net?

EDIT: Field units requested 850 to tell CHP the vehicle was not siezed. So they are in Needles, CA and I am in Prescott, AZ. Pretty wide area net!

Last edited:

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
Listening to traffic on 171.1875 NAC 710 P25 clear and ECN.
Field units requested 850 to tell CHP the vehicle was not siezed. So they are in Needles, CA and I am in Prescott, AZ. Pretty wide area net!

Great catch! I have noticed that the DOJ and Homeland Security are installing very large wide area systems around the country. Here in Florida there is a DOJ 167 MHz P25 system that covers from Mobile, AL to east of Jacksonville, FL. (around 400 miles from point to point).

jf4164

DOJ North Florida System

I get up to Gainesville every month or so. Any discrete freqs for this North Florida net. I also get over into Jax.

Nothing like that here in South Fla. that I have found.

I am in West Palm Beach.

John--WA4VPY--West Palm Beach

SOFA_KING

I get up to Gainesville every month or so. Any discrete freqs for this North Florida net. I also get over into Jax.

Nothing like that here in South Fla. that I have found.

I am in West Palm Beach.

John--WA4VPY--West Palm Beach

Hi John...Phil up here in Port St. Lucie. We need to share some notes. I have tons of stuff but you live closer to the action.

Phil :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.